The Free South: calling all Settlers

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: The Free South: calling all Settlers

Postby Naeght » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:10 pm

If you guys are who i think you are, thanks for the metal.
And keep in mind all that high q coal you have lying around can be really helpful for a settling character, it allowed me to make q 55 Pots from q20 clay.
Naeght

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:04 pm

Jackwolf wrote:As a fellow member of the Southern Quarter I whole-heartedly support this idea and what it entails.

I've been doing something similar as of late with the newbies that wander by, though it's more along the lines of adoption than support at it's current state. It's been pretty mutually beneficial.

While I can't say I condone the offer of many free resources to new arrivals, I do think it's along the right lines. Payment for work done is how I typically operate in my area, which you make mention of already.

Hi Jackwolf, thanks for the support! It would be great to get in touch if you wanted to help out in the other aspects of the thread.
The free stuff we give is quite limited, but in the long run we think it is probably worth it - there are plenty of reasons why having more people in the area helps us. After the palisade cornerpost, starter curios, initial essential tools, and the minehole materials, we will require people to trade. The reason for the starter packs is so that people can get defenses up quickly and hopefully not quit as soon as they encounter a hostile player.

Longshanks87 wrote:Hello Gunnar (mord)
the advice is this mate,, i would ban crime in your area from adopted newplayers (and old)
and i would enforce it by building there walls for them and keeping their masterkeys on your keyalt..

Hi Longshanks, I do remember you, Riverwood, and Helms Deep. Unfortunately the advice you give is kindof the opposite of my goal. I'm not going to ban crime, but I will give advice that people shouldn't commit crimes unless they have a good reason.
as an aside - the guy from Helms Deep ended up killing a newbie who was a friend of a friend, when he moved to a new place, and then I killed him for that unjustified attack.

Naeght wrote:If you guys are who i think you are, thanks for the metal.
And keep in mind all that high q coal you have lying around can be really helpful for a settling character, it allowed me to make q 55 Pots from q20 clay.

I don't think we are who you think, at least I haven't left any coal lying around :p
edit: Turns out that was a friend
_Gunnar

Postby Naeght » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:45 am

Well either way im interested. The dude was pretty cool and gave good references for you.I'll send you a pm later with my Hs to chat some time. I'm kind of limited on game playtime but if i can help in some way i wouldn't mind.
Naeght

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:15 am

Naeght wrote:Well either way im interested. The dude was pretty cool and gave good references for you.I'll send you a pm later with my Hs to chat some time. I'm kind of limited on game playtime but if i can help in some way i wouldn't mind.

Cool!
_Gunnar

Postby rustles » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:01 am

Hello m8s its me, Autism. The guy who settled beside the cave.

I still don't know where the settlement is located, maybe someone can show me some time. Do you guys have a village claim around the settlement or is it just individual claims? If you guys are feeling ambitious you could make a trail of village extensions and/or a road all the way to my base(and I would help you guys of course :P).

Maybe we can share map data as well?
rustles

Postby _Gunnar » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 pm

rustles wrote:Hello m8s its me, Autism. The guy who settled beside the cave.

I still don't know where the settlement is located, maybe someone can show me some time. Do you guys have a village claim around the settlement or is it just individual claims? If you guys are feeling ambitious you could make a trail of village extensions and/or a road all the way to my base(and I would help you guys of course :P).

Maybe we can share map data as well?

Hey man, will send you a PM.
_Gunnar

Postby Shadow7168 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:06 am

I've been prepping to abandon the cave-hermit lifestyle and leave the newbie grid, and I'll probably be heading your way soon. Is there anything I should keep in mind when picking a spot?
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Jackwolf » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:36 am

Be very social with your neighbors.

If possible, scout out a location you think you'd like to move to before-hand and get in touch with anyone living nearby who seems to be active. ^^
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Previous

Return to Dwarves & Thieves