The Free South: calling all Settlers

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: The Free South: calling all Settlers

Postby No_name_noob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:03 am

I take that you took notes on what not to do in regards to Robben? Best of luck. You will need it since it will be a tough trial ahead in this. :)
No_name_noob

Postby borka » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:08 am

Gunnar is Gunnar and Robben is Robben - different people and different stances (i met both ingame - btw. hey whiskeypete - long time no see ;) )
borka

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 am

No_name_noob wrote:I take that you took notes on what not to do in regards to Robben? Best of luck. You will need it since it will be a tough trial ahead in this. :)

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, sorry.
_Gunnar

Postby No_name_noob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:19 am

Robben made a lot of mistakes as a statesman. I hope you learn from his.
No_name_noob

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:31 am

The intention isn't to be a statesman, though.

You are free to do whatever you want, although if you are going to adopt a life of crime we (and other settlers) might try and kill you or not particularly care if you get killed.

I don't want to control anyone apart from myself or keep anyone as serfs or even clients to our industrial production but to give people the tools to get started so that they can do whatever they choose.

Anyway this is all a bit irrelevant, unless/until more people take us up on the offer in the OP.
_Gunnar

Postby Phaen » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:36 am

This is a pretty nice offer, Gunnar. I'd love to do something similar when I get around to playing again. Thanks for putting it out there.
Phaen

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:02 am

Phaen wrote:This is a pretty nice offer, Gunnar. I'd love to do something similar when I get around to playing again. Thanks for putting it out there.

thanks Phaen - of course, you're welcome to come do something similar or whatever in the same place, whenever you get time to play!
_Gunnar

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:16 pm

To "spies": There really isn't anything worth spying on, and I don't particularly care who knows where it is, the openness is the most important thing: so don't feel like you've done something clever :)
_Gunnar

Postby Jackwolf » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:48 am

As a fellow member of the Southern Quarter I whole-heartedly support this idea and what it entails.

I've been doing something similar as of late with the newbies that wander by, though it's more along the lines of adoption than support at it's current state. It's been pretty mutually beneficial.

While I can't say I condone the offer of many free resources to new arrivals, I do think it's along the right lines. Payment for work done is how I typically operate in my area, which you make mention of already.
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Postby Longshanks87 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:13 am

Hello Gunnar (mord)
We met back in w7, used to live south of your village (Riverwood) back before the carnage at helms deep..
some advice from me mate, i tried to do this in w7 from the get go, you must probably remember the nubz village west of us and the many smaller villages around us, all south of your place of course.
we did well for at least four months gaining a spread out following/ adoption of at least 20 players across maybe 4 to five smaller settlements..

our problems began when not only did one of the adopted villages take it upon themselves to try to commit a coo ((which you were the one who informed us of) // thanks by the way, that gave us the heads up) but they also decided it would be a good idea to commit crimes on much more powerful claims than themselves and use abusive verbal language to entice certain forum members, jc, childhood obesity, among others, who were likely just passing by at the time.

this as you will remember led the helms deep sacking and we (trying to recover our loaned tools) got caught in the crossfire..

the advice is this mate,, i would ban crime in your area from adopted newplayers (and old)
and i would enforce it by building there walls for them and keeping their masterkeys on your keyalt..

if we had done that in w7 none of our problems would have come to fruition..

you could build a very strong base of operations following those guidelines there and it would let others know you are trustworthy and fair..

A clever man learns from his mistakes.
A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Peace and light old friend,
and god speed
Shanked..
Longshanks87

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarves & Thieves