=== The Agency: World Wide Intelligence Agency ===

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: === The Agency: World Wide Intelligence Agency ===

Postby Dataslycer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:27 am

So first, if this is a covert intel agency, why are you broadcasting your intent on a recruit? It ends up drawing attention to your organization and not the good kind either.

Second, I checked up on some of my connections. Unless you had something to do with the (rule breaking) operation in world 6, I do not see any 3rd party interference of any events from 5-7 unless it is intended to just be an observation agency.

Finally, do you have intel on me hidden in plain sight? (PM me if you know the answer)
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby imanique » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 am

Dataslycer wrote:So first, if this is a covert intel agency, why are you broadcasting your intent on a recruit? It ends up drawing attention to your organization and not the good kind either.

We do it because we need new people and we know how to handle the recruitment process. What are the threats? Will anybody find us? There's no way. And the attention is quite a good thing (new clients and offers).

Dataslycer wrote:Second, I checked up on some of my connections. Unless you had something to do with the (rule breaking) operation in world 6, I do not see any 3rd party interference of any events from 5-7 unless it is intended to just be an observation agency.

Yes, you're right, you did not see any 3rd party interference, because that's the way we work. And you probably think that when we do our job we walk around with "THE AGENCY" slogans, shouting loudly "THE AGENCY IS COMING!". Come on, you're better than that - think! ; )

This world is all about pearls - we just happen to know how to use it.

Dataslycer wrote:Finally, do you have intel on me hidden in plain sight? (PM me if you know the answer)

And you still don't get the way how The Agency works. You think that we are going to pelasure anyone into believing in us. We don't care whether you believe in us or not.
And we are not going to compromise our Agents - if we told you that we knew a few facts about you and your friends, then you'd have a clue where to look for our Agents. This is NOT AN OPTION.
imanique

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:57 am

Dataslycer wrote:
Finally, do you have intel on me hidden in plain sight? (PM me if you know the answer)

Ooh, ooh I know! :D

Guess what else I know?

Jorb or Loftar is the head of the WWIA! :o

Or at least they were in W6 when it was possible to play as animals once you moved up the ranks ... 8-) ... :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Dataslycer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:08 pm

There is a reason why I am asking all of this is to see credentials. Usually when you recruit, you recruit those that know what they are doing as well as those that are stable enough to not turncoat because it is funny (CRF) and usually the people you are looking for tend to try to find those that are not just talk.

There is also the inherent flaw of public recruitment as well. Even if said agents know what they are doing, people in general usually desire something and some with hidden agenda and their goals may not align with yours.

And for the record, the the answer to the last question doesn't compromise your agents at all. In fact I gave you too many hints.
If you keep focusing on the shadow behind, you will not see the light in front of you.

Being successful isn't just about hard work and succeeding, it is also about picking yourself up when you fail.
Dataslycer

Postby imanique » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Dataslycer wrote:There is a reason why I am asking all of this is to see credentials. Usually when you recruit, you recruit those that know what they are doing as well as those that are stable enough to not turncoat because it is funny (CRF) and usually the people you are looking for tend to try to find those that are not just talk.

people in general usually desire something and some with hidden agenda and their goals may not align with yours.

Yes, there is risk. We are one big unknown. We understand that. And we're looking for people that can take risk. But we grant secrecy to our people. We've been playing for 5 years and nobody has any idea who worked for us. And those who played with us stay quiet (as we asked them). They know that they count on us. We know we can count on them. That's what we're proud of. And we're not selling that for nothing.

Dataslycer wrote:And for the record, the the answer to the last question doesn't compromise your agents at all. In fact I gave you too many hints.

Sorry, Dataslycer, we are not playing anyone's games. I've explained that a few posts before.
Last edited by imanique on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imanique

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:24 am

Pfhahahaha I guess you can be glad you got your thread out at all this world lol.
FerrousToast

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:32 am

FerrousToast wrote:Pfhahahaha I guess you can be glad you got your thread out at all this world lol.

:lol: - best thing about the update imo ... :P
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby burgingham » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:08 pm

Oh look it is this thread again. Every world someone seems to come up with this idea and every time they are a big joke hiding behind the: "Oh, but we achieved so much that you don't know about mwahaha!". The major flaw is to talk about it in the first place. Any major faction has intelligence gathering in place. Know why they are usually good at it? Because they don't talk about it...

A good intelligence agent recruits his assets in private, preferably without them even knowing they are assets in the first place.
burgingham

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Yeah, I actually feel a bit mean this morning for my last comment ^^ but in fairness they did start it by insinuating I may be mentally challenged. :lol:

And, in W6 they did totally lie their heads off about what they can and can't offer. I actually have some more info on them which I've been sitting on waiting for them to come back at me again, lol, but seems they thought better of it and decided to ignore me instead, lol, so, I'll keep that for next world. :)

Anyway, good luck in W9! :D
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby zeeder3 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:08 am

my eyes hurt from cringe, worlds ending broh
zeeder3

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarves & Thieves