=== The Agency: World Wide Intelligence Agency ===

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: === The Agency: World Wide Intelligence Agency ===

Postby venatorvenator » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:49 pm

imanique wrote:Now we can clearly say that you're an amator when it comes to intel - I'm not trying to offend you.

Alright dude here's the thing

Intelligence Agent
Job Description: All the things that a spy can do. Gathering information, getting to know people, making false friendships, sabotagees etc.

Intelligence is almost exclusively the analysis of raw data in an attempt to draw relevant conclusions from it. It's all done behind a desk, and one needs some hq brains to do it. Creating false friendships and sabotaging stuff makes you an asshole, not an agent.

This sounds rather like a Morag Tong thing, which is interesting too. Again your effort and motivation to do this are commendable, given the world's current stand and player count. You have clearly given this some thought, congrats anyway.
Last edited by venatorvenator on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Turtlesir » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:53 pm

venatorvenator wrote:This sounds rather like a Morag Tong thing

exactly what i was thinking.

so larpy.

+1 guy.:)
Turtlesir

Postby imanique » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:39 am

venatorvenator wrote:Intelligence is almost exclusively the analysis of raw data in an attempt to draw relevant conclusions from it. It's all done behind a desk, and one needs some hq brains to do it. Creating false friendships and sabotaging stuff makes you an asshole, not an agent.

You forgot about one thing - to analyse data, you need to get the data in the first place. And getting the data requires (from time to time) being an asshole - the end justifies the means.

Agent's life is not flowers and rainbows.

venatorvenator wrote:Morag Tong

Hmm, you'd call that one of our "divisions" - the work like a Hitman Agency.
imanique

Postby LadyV » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:12 pm

These threads always make me think of this. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onR7PD3Grc0
LadyV

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:13 pm

imanique wrote:Image
DDDsDD999

Postby FerrousToast » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:34 pm

for best effect, read in one of the following voices
Mrblackdarkness666
*heavy breathing*
Cospircy!

I'm partial to the second myself, but I have all flavors of cringe!
FerrousToast

Postby imanique » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:38 am

FerrousToast wrote:for best effect, read in one of the following voices
Mrblackdarkness666
*heavy breathing*
Cospircy!

I'm partial to the second myself, but I have all flavors of cringe!

Sorry, we're not THAT GAY (nor complaining about what people say)! : D
imanique

Postby burgingham » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:50 am

imanique wrote:
burgingham wrote:Oh look it is this thread again. Every world someone seems to come up with this idea

Yes, it is US. And it's me - imanique - who always opens the thread. We've decided to keep it this way. We've got our procedures - we're professionals.

burgingham wrote:Any major faction has intelligence gathering in place. Know why they are usually good at it? Because they don't talk about it...

We talk about things that we want you (people) to hear.

But you said that we are not good. So... how much do you know about The Agency? Where are our headquarters? Who are our Agents. Who are we working for?
Let's make it clear - you know nothing, because the only thing we said is what we wanted you to hear. Enough said?

burgingham wrote:A good intelligence agent recruits his assets in private, preferably without them even knowing they are assets in the first place.

Now we can clearly say that you're an amator when it comes to intel - I'm not trying to offend you. Assets and Agents are completely different things.
And we divide Agents and assets into other categories. You think that there's only "Black and White"? No, there is No "Black" nor "White". There are only shadows of "Gray".

Most of our assets don't even know they're working for us.

I'd explain how we work, but that would compromise The Agency. So sorry, no details. And don't try to guess what we're doing. You don't know how deep the rabbit hole is.
What you see is only a dark hole - you can't see sh*t there and you're trying to quess what is there. Look at yourself from a perspective, see what you're doing.
I believe that you're a smart person, but why are you behaving like a retard? I just don't understand.

Don't let me or anyone else get to you. If you wanna play your larpy make believe game that is cool and all.I tend to forget a sandbox game can be a quite the literal sandbox sometimes too. Carry on.
burgingham

Postby fox » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Image versus Image

:x anyway that things not a joke in real world.
fox

Postby imanique » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:44 pm

burgingham wrote:Don't let me or anyone else get to you.

I see hope - something is finally getting to your mind. Yes, as you said - and what you could have noticed - we are staying in the shadow, that's the only way to be dangerous and safe.

We have no official headquaters, that'd end up nasty.
imanique

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarves & Thieves