Palisade is broken

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Palisade is broken

Postby qthree » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:32 pm

It cost almost nothing. And i can't deal any damage with 10 str. Perfect weapon for griefers. And most important thing is that you can't block corners like in h&h1. And no free keys.
qthree

Re: Palisade is broken

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:22 am

qthree wrote:It cost almost nothing. And i can't deal any damage with 10 str. Perfect weapon for griefers. And most important thing is that you can't block corners like in h&h1. And no free keys.

There is no soak value when the palisade is first made, they just have a very high amount of health. If you cannot damage something it will give you a message saying you are too weak.

Since you get to make Palisades when you get Yeomanry you should focus on claiming your gate as soon as possible, which will stop anyone without Trespassing from getting in. A master key can be created through with the Locks & Bolts skill (does not require metal to make). Master keys open the gate both inwards and outwards and be copied to make other master keys or slave keys, which only open outwards but can close from either direction.

For most players I doubt the lower cost of a palisade is considered a bane but a boon for most, but in terms of harassing other players it is a strong tool for harassment. I am unsure of a suitable workaround that would still help hermits and small groups while keeping abusability at a low level.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Return to Bugs