Account Specific Login Error?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Account Specific Login Error?

Postby Biradex » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Been enjoying the game for some days now, but today i logged into my account, and upon selecting my character got the error:

haven.Resource$LoadException: Weird version number on paginae/bld/ropewalk (11 > 1)
at haven.Resource$Pool.load(Resource.java:425)
at haven.Resource$Pool.load(Resource.java:459)
at haven.Glob.paginae(Glob.java:387)
at haven.Session$RWorker.handlerel(Session.java:508)
at haven.Session$RWorker.getrel(Session.java:544)
at haven.Session$RWorker.run(Session.java:610)

After which the client promptly closes.

This is only specific to this one account though, as i tried logging in with a seperate account and started playing just fine. Any help would be appreciated, and please point out if i'm just being stupid.
Biradex

Re: Account Specific Login Error?

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Very unclear what is happening here. The crash being account local is probably due to the other accounts/chars not having ropewalk unlocked.

Are you using the standard client?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Biradex » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:13 pm

I am using the standard client, yes

and yes, my other account's chars don't have ropewalk unlocked yet
Biradex

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:19 pm

And this happened today only? Say, yesterday you unlocked ropewalking and that worked fine?

Thing is, there is only version one of that resource. No one here understands why you are trying to load version 11.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Biradex » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:22 pm

My character unlocked the ropewalk nearly a week ago, and re-downloading the client didn't help the issue

and, sorry, i'm not really 'in the know' about the version numbers
Biradex

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Dafaqing faq. Do you happen to have another computer you can run the client on and try your account out there?

jorb

Postby Biradex » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:53 pm

No, but i will be risky and put my life in my friends hands, and ask them to download the client and try to get on the game in my place.

Let's hope once this is all fixed they've left my character alive and my place intact.

Ok, he tried, and everything worked just fine for him. (quickly changing password)
Biradex

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Might I suggest getting a backup of the resource cache and/or rest of the /haven folder? After this, clear it, and try again. I mention backing it up as if this fixes it, someone might want to take a look at the old cache to see where the bug is and if it can be prevented or is just a JavaWS issue.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Biradex » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:10 pm

It's alive! Thanks MagicMan, i'm back in business, after backing up the old cache, and evicting it from the .haven folder, then re-downloading the client, things are going swimmingly, (so far) and if i had any clue how to show the old cache somewhere, i'd do it right away.

Thanks guys!
Biradex

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:10 pm

I'd say keep the backup for a few days. If loftar PM and requests it, he'll give you an upload location. I figure it was something that just got corrupted and caused it because Java.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs