Cannot plant tree

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Cannot plant tree

Postby Dondy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Since the tree planting update my char sometimes cannot plant a sapling from her inventory. The pot gives the two options Empty and Plant but when she clicks plant there is no ghost tree and no way to put the sapling into the ground.

I have been working around this by getting a different character to plant the tree for her.

She normally has no trouble planting them, this has been about four times out of forty, with the initial three times in the first hours after the update.

Since it resolved without me doing anything I didn't report it then, but now the problem is back.

This could be very bad for someone solo playing without alts.
Dondy

Re: Cannot plant tree

Postby Pills » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Dondy wrote:Since the tree planting update my char sometimes cannot plant a sapling from her inventory. The pot gives the two options Empty and Plant but when she clicks plant there is no ghost tree and no way to put the sapling into the ground.

I have been working around this by getting a different character to plant the tree for her.

She normally has no trouble planting them, this has been about four times out of forty, with the initial three times in the first hours after the update.

Since it resolved without me doing anything I didn't report it then, but now the problem is back.

This could be very bad for someone solo playing without alts.

Usually restarting the client fixes it for me
Pills

Postby Hickupp » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:21 pm

Some years later ... and this is still a thing.

O well. No surprise there.
Hickupp

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:49 pm

I have this myself, but assumed it was due to a Custom Client.

Ideally, any bug reported on this subforum should be recreated with a default client first (unless the issue is blatantly server-side.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Hickupp » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:22 pm

Personally I don't see how the client, custom or not, can have anything to do with this one.
Besides. You first need to be able to reproduce it to check potential client involvement.

Will consider. (now that I think I know the trigger.)
Hickupp

Postby gravesmerch » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:29 am

i think just going to the "Switch Character" screen is enough to make treeplanting work again
gravesmerch

Postby Hickupp » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:26 pm

gravesmerch wrote:i think just going to the "Switch Character" screen is enough to make treeplanting work again

Probably yea.

Wait ... maybe that is the real bug, That you can reset the area where you can plant your tree. (Figure its the same with bushes.)

Wait ... did I give it away now.
Darn.
Hickupp

Postby Hickupp » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:11 pm

O crap ... It is, it is a custom client pussycat. (Both E&K)

- Moving in/out a house works too as workaround. ... Although that's generally not an available option in this case.

Case closed I guess.
Hickupp

Return to Bugs