Mill: can't build milling machine in it!

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Mill: can't build milling machine in it!

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Clenda wrote:Wait a server restart and it will work again

Server restart between destroying the milling machine and building the new one? If so, that sounds kinda weird.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:16 am

With the now new irregular server restarts. Due to the newly adopted irregular patching schedule. It stands to reason the potential impact of this feature has increased a bit.

So what is the status of this awkward "no you can't do that, until the game-server is restarted" feature.
- Still unreprocuceble (by dev's).
- ... Other.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:20 am

Guess this topic/conversation is on the dev's ignore list.

Wonder if they (still) know that Archery Tower's have a similar thing going for them (last time I checked it).
mvgulik

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:52 am

mvgulik wrote:Wonder if they (still) know that Archery Tower's have a similar thing going for them (last time I checked it).

That's at least an intended feature for them, though.

May look at the mill-thing.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:07 pm

jorb wrote:May look at the mill-thing.

Not trivially reproducable. Any insight on the exact conditions for this are welcome.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby mvgulik » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:02 pm

jorb wrote:
mvgulik wrote:Wonder if they (still) know that Archery Tower's have a similar thing going for them (last time I checked it).

That's at least an intended feature for them, though.

You mean having to wait for a server restart to be able to re-build Archery Tower's after the previous one's decayed away (including the rubble) is a intended feature.
Get out of here. :o

I guess this Archery Tower Critique post is not ringing any bells.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:04 pm

jorb wrote:
jorb wrote:May look at the mill-thing.

Not trivially reproducable. Any insight on the exact conditions for this are welcome.

Seemed pretty reproducible on the general users side to me.
I at least have not seen any user comment's referring to the fact that they could not reproduce it. (Granted. Only one in a hundred would probably do so. ... and I would need to see it too.)

Alternative idea.
It might help others better to figure out what your doing wrong if you showed how you tried to reproduce it. (it would just be a short alternative twitch session on your end I figure.)

---

O yea, almost forgot. There is a third case where a server restart plays a role. (looking for it ...)
Here you go. (different reason no doubt, but still ...)
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:33 pm

While we wait for a reply from the dev in question. ... "Potential reply" that is, of course.

Anyone likes to volunteer to sacrifice some resources to see what happens if one follows the following walk-though ? ... and adding some additional data to it.

At 30 Apr 2017 2d0x wrote:1. I built the mill.
2. Dug up the basement.
3. I built a milling machine.
4. I tried to put a second mill machine next to it for comparison - an error.
5. I used a mill machine. (please do this too)
6. Removed the first unsuccessful milling machine.
7. Now I have a permanent error. (replace with your result of course).

Missing data:
- Ground - Paved or Not paved. (assuming paved in about case) - Probably irrelevant.
- Building floor level where the first mill was build. Probably irrelevant too ... , O yea. PS: Lets stick to the American floor-naming system here, to circumference any potential floor naming mishaps. IE: -1(basement), 0(first floor), 1(second floor), 2(third floor).

+ Did you use any god-like dev-shortcuts while following that walk-trough ? ... O wait, wrong person to ask that.

... Are we there yet ...
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:27 pm

mvgulik wrote:(after verifying this feature again, I guess. bugger.)

2021-10-03: Could not be reproduced anymore.

Due to a the dev's peculiar communication habbits now a days (if any, that is), ... presuming something was silently fixed/change at some point in time.
mvgulik

Previous

Return to Bugs