Icon settings for player resets

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Icon settings for player resets

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:26 pm

As in the title. I set sound notification for new player, when re-open client, I need to set it again. The same for other settings like toggle quality, tracking, criminals acts etc.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Re: Icon settings for player resets

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:30 pm

AH! I knew this feature had to somehow be worse than the custom clients. They almost had me.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby loftar » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:30 am

noindyfikator wrote:As in the title. I set sound notification for new player, when re-open client, I need to set it again.

This is not the case for me. Are we talking about the unmodified default client?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:35 am

I've checked it again. I was using default client and custom client for playing. Custom client was overriding this values. So no bug for icons there.

About toggles, it would be nice if toggle settings were saved somewhere
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:37 am

So the default client does actually have a better version of a custom feature.

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:03 pm

noindyfikator wrote:About toggles, it would be nice if toggle settings were saved somewhere

It's not that I'd really mind saving toggles from a technical perspective, but I'm really not sure it 's a good feature, since statefulness can be kind of confusing. If you log back in on an account after weeks of not playing, you may be taken by surprise, let's just say, by stuff like Party Permissions, Swimming or Criminal Acts being left on since the last session. Especially given that they are so easy to turn on when needed, I do think being given a clean state when logging in is a good thing. (And just in case someone suggests it, I don't think it's a good idea to have different toggles work differently in this regard.)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:47 pm

loftar wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:About toggles, it would be nice if toggle settings were saved somewhere

It's not that I'd really mind saving toggles from a technical perspective, but I'm really not sure it 's a good feature, since statefulness can be kind of confusing. If you log back in on an account after weeks of not playing, you may be taken by surprise, let's just say, by stuff like Party Permissions, Swimming or Criminal Acts being left on since the last session. Especially given that they are so easy to turn on when needed, I do think being given a clean state when logging in is a good thing. (And just in case someone suggests it, I don't think it's a good idea to have different toggles work differently in this regard.)

Simple solution: have a visible toggle bar.

Granted, you can still miss the "Party Permissions" -icon on buff row (or toggle row if, preferably, these were to be separated for clarity) and I know you hate making arbitrary exceptions like making "Party Permissions" the only thing that's always set to "OFF" when you log into the game.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Bugs