Wound descriptions need to be updated

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Wound descriptions need to be updated

Postby Liss12 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:34 am

There are some wounds with incomplete list of treatment options (sand flea bites for example that doesn't mention gray grease). Its really annoying and need to be fixed.
Liss12

Not a bug

Postby vatas » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:13 am

Non-maintained custom client feature.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Not a bug

Postby Liss12 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:17 am

vatas wrote:Non-maintained custom client feature.

For real? Jesus vanilla client need to be updated...
Liss12

Wound descriptions constructive suggestion

Postby vatas » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:22 am

One compromise between having every wound always show all treatments, would be QoL feature which works like this:

Character A is now able to craft a Gauze. All wounds that can be healed with Gauze, now show Gauze at the bottom. This is basically the same information you have from reading the Gauze description, just presented much more conveniently.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Wound descriptions need to be updated

Postby vatas » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:36 am

DonVelD wrote:i always forget its a custom client feature, it seems like simple qol that should be in the base client for years already

vatas wrote:I just got "Black-Eyed " and need to tab out from the game so I can check the Wiki for treatments.

5/5 very immersive.

vatas

Postby Fostik » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:05 am

I assume developers vision of wound healing is to open new medicine as you discover materials, and when get wounded just read descriptions of different medicines in your first aid craft window to find appropriate recipe for your wound.
Though I agree that I never did that and just looked into Heal table
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Reiber » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:49 am

Fostik wrote:I assume developers vision of wound healing is to open new medicine as you discover materials, and when get wounded just read descriptions of different medicines in your first aid craft window to find appropriate recipe for your wound.
Though I agree that I never did that and just looked into Heal table

no sir, we try to remember medicine in our head, and if we dont remember that there is an fated, rare spawn herb, that only grows in swamps and needs 80k detection to see, that treats exactly and only an wrinkle on the second toe of our left foot by blocking your arm slot for 2 weeks, we just assume its one of those funny "haha" wounds that you have to snipe an ancient root for, or carry forever.
better not go in swamps though, not that my possible permanent wound gets infected and grows. so i wouldnt even find the herb by accident
Reiber

Return to Bugs