Sound is laggy/stuttering

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Sound is laggy/stuttering

Postby Apillion » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:33 pm

I get the same.. i tested it by stopping all other things that use internet.

if nothing else is taking bandwidth the sound is fine as soon as i start a download or sometimes even just have a browser open sound begins to lag.
Apillion

Postby p4tr3g » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 pm

Same
p4tr3g

Postby AryaStark » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:32 pm

me too
AryaStark

Postby xAwsomedavex » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:49 pm

It's the same issue with me, its gets even worse when I start moving. Hopefully there is a fix for this, I kind of like this music :) . Here are my specs
Core2Duo e8400 3ghz
4gb DDR3 Ram
Radeon 5570 1GB
Windows 7 64bit
Winning isn't everything.
xAwsomedavex

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:54 pm

xAwsomedavex wrote:Core2Duo e8400 3ghz

It seems hard to ascribe this problem to poor specs, in that case. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing there's some latency issue related to how quickly the system "allows" the client to fill the audio buffer. I would try increasing the buffer size, but on the other hand I've tried to keep is as small as possible to improve timing accuracy, and there's no dynamic setting for it yet. I guess I should try to fix dynamically setting the buffer size.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby xAwsomedavex » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:29 pm

loftar wrote:
xAwsomedavex wrote:Core2Duo e8400 3ghz

It seems hard to ascribe this problem to poor specs, in that case. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing there's some latency issue related to how quickly the system "allows" the client to fill the audio buffer. I would try increasing the buffer size, but on the other hand I've tried to keep is as small as possible to improve timing accuracy, and there's no dynamic setting for it yet. I guess I should try to fix dynamically setting the buffer size.

If my cpu is the problem, I can always upgrade to the Core 2 Quad cpus. Maybe the 2 extra cores will help because I do notice that my cpu usage is almost 100 percent active when playing the game. I guess we were so used to the first Haven and Hearth and how easy it was to run, that we just weren't expecting the new updated Haven to require much more power :lol: .
xAwsomedavex

Postby loftar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:44 pm

xAwsomedavex wrote:If my cpu is the problem

I'm pretty sure I just wrote that it shouldn't be the problem. ^^
loftar

Postby xAwsomedavex » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:02 am

loftar wrote:
xAwsomedavex wrote:If my cpu is the problem

I'm pretty sure I just wrote that it shouldn't be the problem. ^^

Oh..... my bad sorry I misunderstood what you said loftar haha. I was also meaning to ask, what are the minimum requirements for the new Haven?
xAwsomedavex

Postby loftar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:43 am

xAwsomedavex wrote:what are the minimum requirements for the new Haven?

Who knows. :)

I mean, I don't exaclt yhave an enormous range of hardware to test on to begin with, and there's also the question of what performance levels are deemed "acceptable", and also under what circumstances (out in the forest, or on screens filled from end to end with fields and other complex structures).

I'll also try to optimize the client further, once the barrage of bug-fixing dies down just a little, at least.
loftar

Postby xAwsomedavex » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:24 am

loftar wrote:
xAwsomedavex wrote:what are the minimum requirements for the new Haven?

Who knows. :)

I mean, I don't exaclt yhave an enormous range of hardware to test on to begin with, and there's also the question of what performance levels are deemed "acceptable", and also under what circumstances (out in the forest, or on screens filled from end to end with fields and other complex structures).

I'll also try to optimize the client further, once the barrage of bug-fixing dies down just a little, at least.

Well if you want an idea of the needed specs, I will play for a while later and see the load on my hardware. I also have 2004 desktop and a budget laptop from 2009, I will run tests on all 3 of my computers.
xAwsomedavex

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs