Sound is laggy/stuttering

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Sound is laggy/stuttering

Postby soliddgino » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:57 pm

BTW loftar, using a custom client and disabling flavour objects appears to help solve the issue. After doing So it is not completely fixed but it is tolerable.
soliddgino

Postby yozzik » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:03 pm

soliddgino wrote:BTW loftar, using a custom client and disabling flavour objects appears to help solve the issue. After doing So it is not completely fixed but it is tolerable.

Yet there's still no way to separate sound and flavor objects. I would like to do so and check what i can leave without loosing a ton of FPS and lags.
Severin, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Yozz, grandson of Yozzik.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik

Postby loftar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:06 pm

soliddgino wrote:BTW loftar, using a custom client and disabling flavour objects appears to help solve the issue.

By "solve", do you mean that since there's no ambient sounds, there's no problem, or do you mean that it makes the non-ambient sounds stop stuttering?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MightySheep » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:20 pm

adding music when sound is still unusable for me pfft screw u
MightySheep

Postby soliddgino » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Im sorry for the mighty late response loftar. what i meant when i said it helped solve this issue was that the footsteps and such were no longer stuttering and choppy (except when near large towns and farms).
soliddgino

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:37 pm

soliddgino wrote:Im sorry for the mighty late response loftar. what i meant when i said it helped solve this issue was that the footsteps and such were no longer stuttering and choppy (except when near large towns and farms).

I've found this as well, when the ambient sounds are turned off all the other sound is fine. Fires, cauldrons, footsteps, everything that remains never stutters.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby SedrynTyros » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:30 am

Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Java 8u65 64-Bit

Sound stuttering right from the beginning. Makes the game essentially unplayable. I have zero problems with any other game (including Java games like Runescape and Wurm Online) so the problem is definitely specific to Haven & Hearth.

EDIT:

I tried turning Ambient Volume all the way down. After you do that and restart the game the other sounds seems to work properly.
SedrynTyros

Postby anicsin » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:53 am

I also have this problem on windows 7. The game is not lagging, but the sound is really bad and turning off the ambient sound effects won't solve anything for me.
I'm pretty sure that it's not a hardware problem, because it keeps coming back when I'm in a cabin.
Bonus vir semper tiro.
anicsin

Postby krillzoo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Has anyone found a work around for this?
Having the same issues as described; all sounds are choppy, including ambient and bg music.

windows 8.1
java 8
intel hd 4600
krillzoo

Postby abt79 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:52 am

Jorbtar fix pls, my lute and all sounds in the game sound like shit
abt79

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs