Tanning tub refilling with a barrel

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Tanning tub refilling with a barrel

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:49 pm

If you use a partial barrel of tanning fluid on a partially filled tub, the default action is to withdraw all liquid rather than to put more in. You then have to click a second time to put fluid in and fill.

Considering withdrawing will be rather rare, but refilling common, this feels like it's the opposite of what it should be.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: Tanning tub refilling with a barrel

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Idk, man. With a water barrel you'd definitely want to be withdrawing first, no?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:05 pm

jorb wrote:Idk, man. With a water barrel you'd definitely want to be withdrawing first, no?

If they have to be the same? How often do you fill up a partial barrel of water compared to a tanning tub?

Usually if I take a barrel of water that's mostly empty, I'm trying to get rid of the fluid into another barrel that has more (topping it off). This only happens specifically when the barrel has enough room to absorb all the liquid in the target container.

For water barrels, you'd be filling the one on the ground instead of the one on your head. But that doesn't seem punishing. Compared to doing twice as many clicks on 10 tanning tubs that everyone is going to need to keep running.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:10 pm

They have to be the same. I do not want to add and maintain too much nonsense for mild benefit.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:12 pm

jorb wrote:They have to be the same. I do not want to add and maintain too much nonsense for mild benefit.

The rest of my reasoning was going forward with that assumption. Honestly, I'm pretty certain how I expected it to work was how legacy handled barrels too.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Arcanist » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:21 pm

I'm with jorb on this one. In haven the tanning fluid flows uphill. It wouldn't make sense to be any other way
Arcanist

Return to Bugs