Dropping Items onto Basement Hatch = Lost Item

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Dropping Items onto Basement Hatch = Lost Item

Postby g1real » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:49 pm

jorb wrote:Not a priority in any way shape or form. Most items should be possible to grab due to being taller than the hatch, and the ones that aren't, well, don't drop them there. I'm not even sure how to fix it save making sure that every item is, indeed, taller than the hatch, and, well, ain't nobody got time for that.

In Dota 2, entities have unit hitboxes but also interaction hitboxes for every entity in the game, with different priorities if you interact with multiple hitboxes where you click (heroes being the highest, for example).

Alternatively, why not just a "pick up nearest object" in the adventure menu? Would save a lot of fiddling in general with the god damn hitboxes as they are now - the amount of times I spend a good 10 seconds trying to click a forageable until I decide to adjust the camera angle after which it suddenly, miraculously works are too many.

Edit: Hitboxes, are you semantically saturated yet?
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby EnderWiggin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:07 pm

g1real wrote:Alternatively, why not just a "pick up nearest object" in the adventure menu? Would save a lot of fiddling in general with the god damn hitboxes as they are now - the amount of times I spend a good 10 seconds trying to click a forageable until I decide to adjust the camera angle after which it suddenly, miraculously works are too many.
We currently can pickup similar items from the ground if SHIFT+RClick'ed. It may be good to make that if you SHIFT+RClick on ground, not item then you pickup all items in vicinity. Until then you can try to drop similar item near hatch and SHIFT+RClick it.
EnderWiggin

Postby g1real » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:13 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
g1real wrote:Alternatively, why not just a "pick up nearest object" in the adventure menu? Would save a lot of fiddling in general with the god damn hitboxes as they are now - the amount of times I spend a good 10 seconds trying to click a forageable until I decide to adjust the camera angle after which it suddenly, miraculously works are too many.
We currently can pickup similar items from the ground if SHIFT+RClick'ed. It may be good to make that if you SHIFT+RClick on ground, not item then you pickup all items in vicinity. Until then you can try to drop similar item near hatch and SHIFT+RClick it.

Go full roguelike obviously, the main icon menu only has 6 icons (for me) anyway, P to pickup. Really basic function in the game anyway, worthy of a front page spot. None of those silly hidden modifier keybinds constantly.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:47 am

g1real wrote:None of those silly hidden modifier keybinds constantly.

But then it wouldn't be hardcore enough! :P
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Bugs