Game stops working suddenly

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Game stops working suddenly

Postby kasoi » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Let me bump it one more time because it still not solved and every day i'm experiencing this thing every 15 minutes. It's not funny, believe me.
I noticed that my friend sometimes has the same behavior. We're living in a different countries, we have different setup like intel/amd and diffrent routers.

If you have any idea how to debug it, it would be nice to know that. I have some background in programming (but not in java), so i can install any kind of stuff (except viruses or something that will require to reinstall windows), in worst case i can try to compile sources and use some breakpoints if you're able to tell where to put them (if compiling pipeline is not very tough)
kasoi

Postby meus » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:53 am

kasoi wrote:I can move UI items, rotate camera, but can't receive any responses from server

This is about your internet connection.

UI will stay responsive, but you're effectively out of the game. Debugging is a shot in the dark, it will just show lack of connection.

If it happens regularly, you don't have many options other than changing the internet provider, or asking them for assistance.
meus

Postby kasoi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:38 am

meus wrote:
kasoi wrote:I can move UI items, rotate camera, but can't receive any responses from server

This is about your internet connection.

UI will stay responsive, but you're effectively out of the game. Debugging is a shot in the dark, it will just show lack of connection.

If it happens regularly, you don't have many options other than changing the internet provider, or asking them for assistance.

But as i said before, i don't have latency more than 53ms with the game server. And i have a laptop which does not experience these connection losses. Router is the same
And i don't have any issues in CSGO or dota/lol (where the lag spike could be easily noticed). So it's not about internet connection at all.
kasoi

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:37 pm

kasoi wrote:But as i said before, i don't have latency more than 53ms with the game server. And i have a laptop which does not experience these connection losses. Router is the same
And i don't have any issues in CSGO or dota/lol (where the lag spike could be easily noticed). So it's not about internet connection at all.

Except it is. Network services are a complicated matter. You can have a great connection one place, and a terrible connection another. Some service providers screw with traffic making resolving the issue even harder. Too many are connecting with little to no issues to indicate this is a problem with anything other than the client system/network.

You say you are able to run for an extended session on a laptop connected via wireless, right? However, you are unable to stay connected with a PC via a wired (Ethernet, assuming) connection? first thing to check--is the cable bad? Next thing to check--is the port on the computer or the router bad? You usually only have on out port on a PC, but multiple connections on a router. Change ports if possible. (Yes, this can matter.) The network configuration on the PC might be bad--reinstall drivers. The router might have a bad wired connection settings, or have bad hardware, or have a bad firmware update. Check for firmware updates, check to see if using a different router (if possible) helps. Your service provider may be able to help in troubleshooting some of this, particularly if the issue is with hardware they're leasing to you or they otherwise own. Do you have a cable or DSL modem upstream from your router that is the actual internet connection? If so, can you connect your computer directly to it and see if you have issues?

I was trying to do some research on the router you posted, and I just can't find much in the way of complaints or issues on it. That could be I just suck as searches, or the problem isn't with the router--at least with the brand/model; could still be a damaged/worn out, bad update/configuration issue. The problem could yet be server based, but as of this moment, loftar (the primary programmer here) hasn't been back to me on a couple of issues, so I'm doing my best to wait patiently to get a few answers.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby kasoi » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 pm

I played well 1 year ago with the same cable (but i had another motherboard). And may be with the same router few years ago. But i'll try to find my old router and check something with it.
And i'll try to connect my laptop with this cable to be sure that its not a cable and router (or, otherwise, it is)
kasoi

Postby DanRoberts32 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:48 pm

Try with the old motherboard, the new one may have a damaged network cable tray. Although if you say you can play other games normally, okay. It's hard to tell you anything. Try connecting to your neighbour's network. My whole problem is the power of my PC, I haven't played video games for a long time because of it.I only play on the console for that reason. And I would like to play Counter-Strike.I used to dream of becoming a cyber-sportsman and getting on a cool team so people could go to https://tips.gg/csgo/tournaments/ and bet on my team winning.
DanRoberts32

Postby kasoi » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:34 pm

Good news everyone. I didn't change anything and problem has gone
kasoi

Postby JackGambler » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:32 pm

"I fell in love with sports, and sports betting followed it, fortunately, there is a list of the https://hellsbet.com/en-au/biggest-bookmakers agencies in which I have a choice of 9 of the largest betting companies in Australia, and most often the larger the company, the more reasons to trust it, for me this is very important because I'm new to this business and still do not quite know all the subtleties in this matter. And being able to choose between different big companies gives me confidence that I will end up with a great experience.
So I was satisfied with this large selection of betting companies"
JackGambler

Postby Gorgos2 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:51 pm

Hello,

Did anybody by chance solved this problem and knows how? I have same problem, where I cant move (but UI is working) since World 13. This happens every 5-10 minutes after I log in the game and it makes it quite unplayable. Tried ARD, Ender and Vanilla client.

Thanks for any tips.
Gorgos2

Postby Mashadar » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:39 pm

Gorgos2 wrote:Hello,

Did anybody by chance solved this problem and knows how? I have same problem, where I cant move (but UI is working) since World 13. This happens every 5-10 minutes after I log in the game and it makes it quite unplayable. Tried ARD, Ender and Vanilla client.

Thanks for any tips.

Years ago, Haven would randomly stop working in the way you described on a random computer, while the other still worked.
A weird port triggering rule fixed it, the only reference I can find is this post:
viewtopic.php?p=487060#p487060
From a technical point of view, this makes no sense. The rule that is still active on our router (UDP 1870 opens TCP 1871) makes even less sense. I suppose it has to do with router bugs and other weird behavior. Our router spams the log with complaints about "UDP attack detected" while playing the game, it may be related.

Another simple workaround is to use a VPN.
Mashadar

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs