Fireplace not heating up

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Fireplace not heating up

Postby matsaucem » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:55 pm

Unless the mechanic has changed, my friends and I cannot get a fireplace to heat up to cook pitbaked goods like fruitroast.
matsaucem

Re: Fireplace not heating up

Postby dagrimreefah » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:46 pm

Works for me. You gotta waaiiiit.
dagrimreefah

Postby abt79 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:05 pm

When you open the Fireplace menu (right click the fireplace, and perhaps select "Open") there are two bars that both start out grey. Filling the fireplace with fuel (e.g. Branches) fills the Orange Bar on the left at a rate of 1 unit of Orange Bar per Branch, to a maximum of 10.

Once you light the fireplace with a Firebrand (Adventure->Light Fire), the Orange Bar will tick down once every ~10 minutes and each time the Orange Bar loses some fuel, some embers/coals are added as indicated by the Red Bar on the right ticking up.

Pitbakes will only cook in a Fireplace with coals, i.e. with at least 1/10 units of Red Bar. So to cook pitbakes, fuel and light a fire, then wait ten minutes, then they should begin to cook when added. If they aren't cooking, check to make sure the bar on the right of the Fireplace menu contains some Red.

Not a bug unless you understand this ember system and your ember-filled Fireplace still can't cook things. git gud tbh
abt79

Postby Zapt13 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:05 pm

I think you must add the food for cooking AFTER there are coals
Zapt13

Return to Bugs