Sketchbook page not working on every variable material

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Sketchbook page not working on every variable material

Postby Schattengaenger » Sat May 15, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi,

since I don't know if this is intended or not I am gonna post it here.

There have been a few things in the game that are subject to building material colors that refuse to get re-colored with the custom sketchbook pages from the store.
Two example that differ in how their "immunity" to the recoloring works are:

1. the interior doors. This is AFAIK a known bug and some attempts were made to fix it, alas it is still with us.
And to be clear, I am not talking about that the color change made to the outer door should also change the inner door,
but that if you use a sketchbookpage on the inner door it does everything you expect from it
except that when you confirm the change nothing happens except for the consumption of the material and the page.
bug was indeed fixed. Went ahead and tested it today. Actually it seems the bug persists for the actual door in the stonestead. Moreover it doesn't care what material was used when building, and will always use pine (the board part of the door, neither handle nor frame... those two work as expected)

2. The Alchemist's Table. Since the quality of the table does effect the products made with it, it is a given that the tables usually look ugly unless someone were to q grind the right materials from the start which is unlikely. Thus you either have to use a lower quality table or live with the eye cancer sitting among your well designed furniture. Here the mechanic won't even regocnize it as something changeable, meaning you rightclick the sketchbook page, click "change building material", then click on any part of the table and ... nothing happens (as I am writing this it seems that wheelbarrows behave in much the same way).

So yeah ... please fix.
Seems like Loftar will look into it. Thank you!
Edit: a bunch of spelling and a trainwreck of a sentence.
Edit 2: some new information
Edit 3: more new information
Last edited by Schattengaenger on Mon May 24, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Schattengaenger

Re: Sketchbook page not working on every variable material

Postby Schattengaenger » Sun May 23, 2021 8:41 pm

Another example seem to be Stone Pillars -.-
Schattengaenger

Re: Sketchbook page not working on every variable material

Postby Schattengaenger » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:20 pm

hey, I know how the forums like zombies.
So here goes another one with the same issue:
Compost bins.
Schattengaenger

Return to Bugs