Beaver dungeon room impossible to clear

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Beaver dungeon room impossible to clear

Postby Pills » Tue May 18, 2021 9:51 am

There's a room in a dungeon I was attempting to solo clear that has one of the monoliths with the meter on it, everytime I kill a beaver the meter dips a tiny bit then instantly refills when another respawns.

The problem is the beavers respawn within half a second of me killing one, i must have killed atleast 30 beavers for that room and there is no give to it at all.

So its either impossible to solo clear this dungeon (which is pretty bullshit imo if that's the case because hermits are real) or the room is bugged.
Pills

Re: Beaver dungeon room impossible to clear

Postby jorb » Tue May 18, 2021 10:07 am

Name of the dungeon?

That sounds like an infinispawn room, in which case the objective is to have all beavers in the room dead at the same time. Are you sure there are no other beavers in the room, potentially lured away to some other part of the dungeon?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pills » Tue May 18, 2021 10:26 am

jorb wrote:Name of the dungeon?

That sounds like an infinispawn room, in which case the objective is to have all beavers in the room dead at the same time. Are you sure there are no other beavers in the room, potentially lured away to some other part of the dungeon?

Lanum's Tomb of Rain

There were consistently 5-6 beavers alive. I can only really fight 1-2 at a time reasonably though when the white ones get involved. as soon as I killed one another would respawn.

Do they have to be dead inside the room they spawned in or can they just be dead somewhere else in the dungeon? because that's how I was trying to clear it was to agro one or two of them and lead them into the connecting room so I didn't get agroed by all 6 at once
Pills

Postby jorb » Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 am

You need to kill them all dead at once, where they are matters not.

6 sounds like a tough one to crack solo. I cleared a couple of such rooms solo in W10, using attacks that target multiple opponents, softening them up and maneuvering until I could kill them all with one blow. Pretty tricky, but I did it in rooms with like 3-4 beavers tops.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Pills » Tue May 18, 2021 10:42 am

jorb wrote:You need to kill them all dead at once, where they are matters not.

6 sounds like a tough one to crack solo. I cleared a couple of such rooms solo in W10, using attacks that target multiple opponents, sofetning them up and maneuvering until I could kill them all with one blow. Pretty tricky, but I did it in rooms with like 3-4 beavers tops.

Is there anything I can do to slow down the rate at which they spawn? 'Cause right now it seems like unless i kill all of them at the exact same time they just respawn instantly.

Oh I misread, so that IS the goal, have them all dead at the same time. yeah that's pretty brutal
Pills

Postby jorb » Tue May 18, 2021 10:51 am

No.

Could add here that the beaver dungeons, especially on the infinirooms, are on the cusp of what can be done solo, and that the intention isn't that all dungeons should be soloable. I'm not sure I mind in principle that some beaver dungeon rooms require backup.

jorb

Postby Fostik » Tue May 18, 2021 11:25 am

It's known issue
Since you are killing beavers too slow, they are already ready to spawn again as fast as one of the beavers will die.
In simple words, if we can describe damage you can deal in room to any it's creature as DPS(damage per second) to the entire room, you must have better DPS to complete this room.

From the point of view of mechanic - it works smooth, but for gameplay part, those rooms requires 500+ fighting stats for 3+ persons with decent weapon and armor to complete.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Pills » Tue May 18, 2021 11:55 am

jorb wrote:No.

Could add here that the beaver dungeons, especially on the infinirooms, are on the cusp of what can be done solo, and that the intention isn't that all dungeons should be soloable. I'm not sure I mind in principle that some beaver dungeon rooms require backup.

How would you feel about bringing your dev cheats in for backup? lmao
Pills

Postby Pills » Wed May 19, 2021 3:48 pm

yeah no offence but i think these rooms need reworking or just removing from the roster. there's nothing fun about them. i'm doing another one with a friend, one room with 2 white ones in it, another infinispawn,. we must have killed about 15 of them next to the monolith but because its fucking stupidly hard to kill both at the exact same time the room is impossible to clear.

Please fix. either massively increase the respawn time so its actually plausable or just find an alternative. But in terms of user experience and gameplay experience, this just isn't fun.
Pills

Postby Archiplex » Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Pills wrote:

yeah no offence but i think these rooms need reworking or just removing from the roster. there's nothing fun about them. i'm doing another one with a friend, one room with 2 white ones in it, another infinispawn,. we must have killed about 15 of them next to the monolith but because its fucking stupidly hard to kill both at the exact same time the room is impossible to clear.

Please fix. either massively increase the respawn time so its actually plausable or just find an alternative. But in terms of user experience and gameplay experience, this just isn't fun.

get more friends. the rooms are fine.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Next

Return to Bugs