My Cupboard exploded (sprite)

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Visual bug with cupboards

Postby Jakraes » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:06 am

Pretty straightfoward, there's a visual bug with cupboards, so far it only happens indoors but I've never used cupboards outdoors so I'm not sure if it'd replicate.
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (208.18 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Jakraes

My Cupboard exploded (sprite)

Postby gustavolemos » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:36 am

So i oppened it inside my house, and them it just expended. the pic is in full zoom out. what just happened?

glitch (1).jpg
glitch (1).jpg (124.02 KiB) Viewed 463 times
gustavolemos

Re: My Cupboard exploded (sprite)

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 am

Known issue and is currently a work in progress resolving it. Moving the camera a bit usually fixes the visual mess.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby chrisrock » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:16 am

aoba gustalvo
chrisrock

Re: Visual bug with cupboards

Postby GreeNyaStealthFist » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Same here. My friends doesn't suffer this bug. Maybe problem in the Java version.

Gonna monitor this yopic for a while, for a questions.
GreeNyaStealthFist

Re: Visual bug with cupboards

Postby Pills » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:56 pm

GreeNyaStealthFist wrote:Same here. My friends doesn't suffer this bug. Maybe problem in the Java version.

Gonna monitor this yopic for a while, for a questions.

Out of curiosity, do you have a radeon graphics card?

I get this bug from time to time also on my radeon pc but never on an nvidia card. Had similar responses on another thread near world start
Pills

Postby vatas » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:56 pm

I have Nvidia on my current setup and don't remember getting graphical errors like this in a long, long time.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby loftar » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:21 am

For the record, my laptop has a Radeon iGPU, and I've never managed to reproduce these problems on it, leading me to suspect it may be a driver issue (since I'm using the Linux driver as opposed to the Windows one). If y'all would be so kind as to check that you're using the latest version of the driver, that would be great. Otherwise, please report the exact model of GPU that you're using, in case it's a difference between different hardware architectures.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pills » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:19 pm

loftar wrote:For the record, my laptop has a Radeon iGPU, and I've never managed to reproduce these problems on it, leading me to suspect it may be a driver issue (since I'm using the Linux driver as opposed to the Windows one). If y'all would be so kind as to check that you're using the latest version of the driver, that would be great. Otherwise, please report the exact model of GPU that you're using, in case it's a difference between different hardware architectures.

I'm using the Radeon 5700XT Founders Edition, I check for updates every couple of weeks and update whenever there is one, i've had this issue since world start. I didn't play the game on this card before the start of this world though. But i've never seen it happen on my nvidia work pc.

I would also add it seems to be a lot rarer now than it was at world start. Or maybe i'm just going into cupboards less who knows. But it was always cupboards that did it, never any other object for me anyway
Pills

Return to Bugs