Locked out of Boat - Lock attuned to key in inventory

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Locked out of Boat - Lock attuned to key in inventory

Postby Szat » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:20 am

Did a quick look around and I see there are risks to being an idiot with locks around boats - not sure what I did wrong here, though.

Just finished a Snekkja, created a wood lock, attuned it to a master key I have, and locked the boat. Didn't receive a key on installing the lock...but I am now locked out. I am sure I wasn't carrying a random wood lock around with me.

Anyone able to cast some light on this?
Szat

Re: Locked out of Boat - Lock attuned to key in inventory

Postby ogey » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:33 am

If you attune a lock to a key, it won't give you a new master key. Can't you sail the snekkja with the master key you attuned the lock to?
ogey

Postby Szat » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:08 am

ogey wrote:If you attune a lock to a key, it won't give you a new master key. Can't you sail the snekkja with the master key you attuned the lock to?

Nope. Only a few minutes elapsed between me finishing the Snekkja, making the lock, attuning it, and then seemingly locking myself out. I didn't move the key. I am trying to work out what I might have even done to trigger a bug, because the steps I took seem pretty mundane.
Szat

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:20 am

I'm sure you don't want to post details of steps you took, but if you can PM any relevant data to jorb or loftar--key name, character names that hold the keys, where the boat is relative to the character's hearth fire, or anything else you can think of--they may be able to, at least, verify if there's an actual bug or it is a case of user error. Note that I'm not saying they will actually give you any information back, but the avenue for asking is there.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs