Scholar should not ask for impossible curiosities.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Scholar should not ask for impossible curiosities.

Postby Pills » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:48 pm

Scholar wants 2 yule stars. This is literally impossible since it hasn't been christmas since the world started. and the idea of waiting 5 months for the christmas events to start to complete a credo is insanity. Scholar shouldn't be asking for curiosities that are literally impossible to have right now. Should bump me up a free quest for this tbh
Pills

Re: Scholar should not ask for impossible curiosities.

Postby yozzik111 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:58 pm

If it is present in game, then it is literally possible to study.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby Pills » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:05 pm

yozzik111 wrote:If it is present in game, then it is literally possible to study.

Except they only spawn during the YEARLY christmas event, which hasn't actually happened yet since the world reset. To suggest that a 5 month wait to complete a quest should be considered "possible" is batshit insanity.
Pills

Postby vatas » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:15 pm

I once suggested quests only ask things that someone in the world has already discovered. This would fix both asking autumn mushroom before there has ever been autumn, and OP's situation.

I don't remember exactly how it was shot down, but it would give at least some undesirable edge to the people who are first to rush their credos, as some rarer shit would be excluded from their quest pool.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pills » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:46 am

vatas wrote:I once suggested quests only ask things that someone in the world has already discovered. This would fix both asking autumn mushroom before there has ever been autumn, and OP's situation.

I don't remember exactly how it was shot down, but it would give at least some undesirable edge to the people who are first to rush their credos, as some rarer shit would be excluded from their quest pool.

I don't think its entirely unreasonable to request certain things not be considered. Like being asked to study a golden egg. or in this instance a curiosity that its impossible to have right now
Pills

Postby Pills » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:36 am

Just got a quest to study 2 elven lights, another item that is physically impossible to have right now since christmas hasn't actually happened since the world reset.

Scholar should not be asking for items that are straight up impossible to have in the game right now.
Pills

Return to Bugs