Can't open haven and hearth!

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Can't open haven and hearth!

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:18 am

Something's still clearly wrong if it took you 30 minutes to download it.

Unless they added some extra tedium to the client downloading too kekw
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Re: Can't open haven and hearth!

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Nightdawg wrote:Something's still clearly wrong if it took you 30 minutes to download it.

There's so much missing information here, it's not easy to diagnose. Could be anything in the hardware or software between the client system to the server. Could be the Internet itself just being ass for the day.

moraismeep wrote:3) Turn off your firewall as you download it

While this is always a good step in diagnosing a connection issue when trying to install a new application, I'm not familiar with any current issues with any existing firewall or security software (at least, they haven't been reported here on the forums). If there is an issue with the one you're using, reporting it to the developer as to what site you're trying to access might help them fine tune their software.

Also, you didn't mention what kind of network connection you have. Your computer may not be the only firewall the connection is trying to get through, particularly if you're on a campus or work connection. Many home routers have their own built in firewalls, too.* What browser and operating system? What version of Java? Oracle has changed the development and releases of Java in the last couple of years. There are now at least 3 versions of Java that are considered "up to date" depending on your needs.

*edit: recalled that there has been some issues with a couple of models of particular brands of routers in the past. I'd have to research which those are as I don't recall them off hand.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Bugs