Wrecking ball not usable after beeing used a number of times

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Wrecking ball not usable after beeing used a number of times

Postby algam » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:16 pm

Hi,

Since I did not found anything about wrecking balls having a limited number of usages I am adding this as a bug:

I made three wrecking balls to get rid of my pali. After I used them 5 or 6 times each, all of them no longer have "Wreck" in the menu after beeing assembled even if I wait more than one day. I tried disassembling and assembling in a different positions along the palisade a few times but "Wreck" still does not appear

Screenshot with position of the wrecking ball : http://game.havenandhearth.com/mt/ss/b60cc37e6ba579b6 in case somebody thinks it was assembled too far. With shift+ctrl this was the closest position possible.

Thanks
algam

Re: Wrecking ball not usable after beeing used a number of t

Postby vatas » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:05 am

Seems to align with the visual shown in wiki https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Wrecking_Ball

One issue that I think might be the case, you aren't supposed to put the wrecking ball so close that hitboxes touch, but leave some pixel's (much less than a full tile) worth of gap. See picture in wiki.

You can check for "Wreck" -option immediately after placing the Wrecking Ball. If it does not appear, try different distance from the wall. (If it appears and is clicked, it will give you the remaining time to dry using in-game time.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby meus » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:29 am

You're targeting the gap between the two blocks of the Palisade:
So the Wrecking Ball doesn't find anything to hit.
Move it a bit to either side, it will work.
meus

Postby mvgulik » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:07 pm

meus wrote:You're targeting the gap between the two blocks of the Palisade:

This!

vatas wrote:you aren't supposed to put the wrecking ball so close that hitboxes touch

No gap needed, WB works fine with toughing hitboxes (it will even do gates when its inside the gate-hitbox - ie: overlapping hitboxes.).
mvgulik

Postby algam » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:52 pm

meus wrote:You're targeting the gap between the two blocks of the Palisade:

That was it.
It is funny, 3 wrecking balls each assembled twice and each time I targeted the gap :D after already using them a lot of times to destroy more than half of my pali

Thanks meus. Thanks guys
algam

Return to Bugs