Disappearing charcoal when my inventory is full

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Disappearing charcoal when my inventory is full

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:13 pm

When I tried to collect charcoal with my inventory full, so I couldn't actually get any charcoal and my action was canceled, but the number of charcoal in the tar kiln is decreasing by one. As I kept trying this, I was able to empty the tar kiln without obtaining charcoal.
steelman

Re: Disappearing charcoal when my inventory is full

Postby Procne » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Wasn't it dropped on the ground?
Procne

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Check if it simply drops to the ground, otherwise it's a rather serious bug that needs attention.

Also, how did you initially know that the coal was coming out of the kiln? Have they added some sort of counter on inspect or something?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:29 pm

vatas wrote:Check if it simply drops to the ground, otherwise it's a rather serious bug that needs attention.

Also, how did you initially know that the coal was coming out of the kiln? Have they added some sort of counter on inspect or something?

When I was collecting charcoal from a tar kiln, the number of coal I collected wasn't matched, so I noticed. And I kept trying to collect charcoal (of course, my inventory was full) from a filled tar kiln until it was empty, and I emptied the tar kiln without getting any charcoal.
steelman

Postby telum12 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 pm

steelman wrote:
vatas wrote:Check if it simply drops to the ground, otherwise it's a rather serious bug that needs attention.

When I was collecting charcoal from a tar kiln, the number of coal I collected wasn't matched, so I noticed. And I kept trying to collect charcoal (of course, my inventory was full) from a filled tar kiln until it was empty, and I emptied the tar kiln without getting any charcoal.

Yeah but was it dropped on the ground
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby steelman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:35 am

telum12 wrote:
steelman wrote:

Yeah but was it dropped on the ground

Nothing dropped unless it was an invisible charcoal.
I don't think it was like this before. Maybe something has changed since the patch that allow to use wheelbarrow to a tar kiln.
steelman

Postby steelman » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:19 am

I tested it again using loftar's client.
steelman

Postby Rin-Kin » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:17 pm

Can confirm that.
Happens only if using "take all from container" command (shift+rclick i think?).
If you properly collect coal from kiln it gives you exact amount as have been removed from kiln.
Rin-Kin

Return to Bugs