Tree sprouting time and success with Druidic Rite

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Tree sprouting time and success with Druidic Rite

Postby meus » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:44 pm

Today (Jan 04) I noticed a change of the effect of Druidic Rite (and treeplanting-related skills):
- the 100% chance for saplings to sprout on a Herbalist Table seems to have stopped working -> for some tree types
- the time that it takes for a sapling to sprout in a Treeplanter's Pot is now doubled, compared to how long it used to take before - it takes now about 2h 30 min to sprout, up from 1h 15min.

It seems tree-specific: these were all Birch trees - the same reproduced three times in a row (three sets of trees). With other trees I didn't find any issues (i.e. Fir, Pine), but the treeplanting skills (Druidic Rite etc.) seem not to depend on the specific type of tree. In Yesteryear's Patch (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=71855) update - it didn't mention anything about sprouting, also these were (Birch) seeds, not fruits. Some seeds were collected today (from planted and grown-up trees in Spring) before re-planting, some were previously available. It happened with both kinds of seeds (old/new), "randomly", of course.

These I observed on a character that has been farming trees since mid-world consistently, with all skills learned.
Only seen today (Jan 04) - the 2x time to sprout (about 2h 30 min instead of the previous ~1h 15min). There were also dead saplings that didn't sprout on the Herbalist Table. All seeds were collected / planted by the farmer. I did it with three sets of Birch trees, so pretty sure it reproduces, also these are in a private claim with no external access.

I assume it's not related to any changes of seasons (i.e. Spring), or to seasonal mechanics, as the days before and last week it was working OK - planted a few dozens of trees each day since Winter ended.

Might this be some bug? Or is it currently being changed from what it was previously, and maybe not yet announced? I couldn't find any information in the wiki or in the announcements thread.

Thanks!
meus

Re: Tree sprouting time and success with Druidic Rite

Postby lordgrunt » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:31 am

debunked:
all 4 birch sprouted in proper time along with cedar on another table
lordgrunt

Return to Bugs