trololol

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

trololol

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:15 am

Hey I just helped a friend with a few trolls today, well almost.

I mined the last few tiles to get to the troll in the top right corner after finishing the donut and it aggroed and I ran. Around halfway of where I'm ko'd I switched from pickaxe to b12, then ran around the corner and got insta dunked by a cave in. It was a clean 3 tile wide donut as you can see. The 1 minable tile on the left side and the 1 tile directly above my character came with the cave in.
I had 0 lag, was checking before that everything is ok, spent a few minutes checking the donut for bounding boxes and did a test run, no stockpiles nothing. Just got randomly caved in, if it's not a bug please explain since this is breaking the fight.
Pommfritz

Re: trololol

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:15 am

Trolls work like this its a feature not a bug.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DoctorCookie » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:54 am

It is because of these bugs I am not a fan of the donut and prefer an arena. I have literally had a troll cave in on me because I ran past a ladder, because I ran past a stockpile, and ran past a cart. Every time I survived because the troll couldnt "see me." I feel your pain though man. This was the first world I took on trolls, and after doing it it was cool and I understood the reasons why you need to kill a lot of trolls. At the same time it is still risky because they do seem more bugged than other MOBs, especially if you are doing it alone. I have no problem with the current ruleset with trolls, you try to cheese and block them then you are due a cavein/execution. However, can we get a little love on what trolls percieve as a block?
DoctorCookie

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:18 am

The fact that animals can pathfind around the buggiest structure in this entire game (cliffs) WITHOUT EVEN TWITCHING, but trolls can't fucking walk around a wall, is truly astonishing.

Giving a mob an instant-ko ability that depends on its capacity to pathfind when its pathfinding is literally broken is a 2 million IQ move. We mortals will never be able to comprehend such decisions, fellas.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby strpk0 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:48 am

Don't listen to shooblie, this isn't intended behaviour.

The devs have made multiple attempts at fixing their "fuck you, die" behaviour but it has never fixed the problem.
I'm down for trolls being dangerous and all, but I also agree that it's stupid that an instagib mechanic would rely on a very buggy trigger. I'd agree with previous proposals to just make them rapidly heal instead of caving in whenever they feel trapped, at the very least if they occasionally unfairly decide they're trapped it will just extend a fight and not result in someone dying for no reason.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby MadNomad » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:16 pm

there was a film of someone beating a troll by rowing in a boat in shallow water underground lake, if you are lucky enough perhaps you could try this way and see if troll would do a cave in on shallow water lake (but of course I can't promise anything), and perhaps build a snekkja rather than a plain boat for extra speed, because a troll is worth it

but good luck finding such lake of enough size close to the place that you mined the troll at

shubla wrote:Trolls work like this its a feature not a bug.

XD

let's make many things in game as annoying as possible, to annoy players
MadNomad

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:25 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:It is because of these bugs I am not a fan of the donut and prefer an arena. I have literally had a troll cave in on me because I ran past a ladder, because I ran past a stockpile, and ran past a cart. Every time I survived because the troll couldnt "see me." I feel your pain though man. This was the first world I took on trolls, and after doing it it was cool and I understood the reasons why you need to kill a lot of trolls. At the same time it is still risky because they do seem more bugged than other MOBs, especially if you are doing it alone. I have no problem with the current ruleset with trolls, you try to cheese and block them then you are due a cavein/execution. However, can we get a little love on what trolls percieve as a block?

with arena, do you mean mining out the whole thing (inside the donut)?
Pommfritz

Postby DoctorCookie » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:15 am

Pommfritz wrote:
DoctorCookie wrote:It is because of these bugs I am not a fan of the donut and prefer an arena. I have literally had a troll cave in on me because I ran past a ladder, because I ran past a stockpile, and ran past a cart. Every time I survived because the troll couldnt "see me." I feel your pain though man. This was the first world I took on trolls, and after doing it it was cool and I understood the reasons why you need to kill a lot of trolls. At the same time it is still risky because they do seem more bugged than other MOBs, especially if you are doing it alone. I have no problem with the current ruleset with trolls, you try to cheese and block them then you are due a cavein/execution. However, can we get a little love on what trolls percieve as a block?

with arena, do you mean mining out the whole thing (inside the donut)?

Yes.
DoctorCookie

Return to Bugs