random softcap when butchering animals?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

random softcap when butchering animals?

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:55 pm

Yo maybe this will turn into a how do I thread but I'm kinda lost with what is the problem here.

So for some reason the hides/meat from my domesticated animals are softcapped above q190 and i can't figure out why. Below that number everything works according to the math.

example:
q216 cow
meat q = 216*0.93 = 200.9
hide q = 216*1.24 = 267.8

actual result

Well this was even a worse softcap than I expected holy fuck. It seems to vary from animal to animal. This animal got softcapped at q163 for some reason. I thought it has somethign to do with the breeding q but that also doesn't match the calc/ my tests.

It didn't happen at all with my lower q animals that I butchered today.

Those are the stats of my farmer:

tool q was 337 as seen in the pics

strongly feels like a bug but I could also be missing something xd
Pommfritz

Re: random softcap when butchering animals?

Postby Phaen » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:13 pm

IDK but heres my two guesses:

maybe babies gradually increase in Q until they reach the Q they are supposed to be?
Not true per loftar's post here.

maybe she was raised on milk that was lower than her Q and that lowered her meat/hide products?

I remember Jorb chiming in on this one time because people were asking him to tell us the mechanics behind sucklings maws becoming higher quality when you wait a little bit. He said there was no such mechanic (???) Can somebody help me find the post
Last edited by Phaen on Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phaen

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:21 pm

The milk thing sounds like it could make sense and I also have some lowq milk from other animals close by. I think none of my cows milk is below q200.
but please don't let this be true wtf :x

Phaen wrote:I remember Jorb chiming in on this one time because people were asking him to tell us the mechanics behind sucklings maws becoming higher quality when you wait a little bit. He said there was no such mechanic (???) Can somebody help me find the post

sucklings maw seems to be equal to meat quality at least I don't remember butchering different mawq than meatq
Pommfritz

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:11 pm

Phaen wrote:I remember Jorb chiming in on this one time because people were asking him to tell us the mechanics behind sucklings maws becoming higher quality when you wait a little bit. He said there was no such mechanic (???) Can somebody help me find the post

Contrary, I think there was a thing where if you don't slaughter young animal soon enough it won't give suckling's maw at all.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pommfritz » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:02 pm

Phaen wrote:maybe she was raised on milk that was lower than her Q and that lowered her meat/hide products?

An animal enthusiast confirmed that this mechanic indeed exists. :?

Pommfritz

Return to Bugs