Death by bug: Trapped on edge of land drowning from cliff

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Death by bug: Trapped on edge of land drowning from clif

Postby Vigilance » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:13 am

i think this specific variation of the (allegedly fixed) bug happens because the hitbox for the cliff and the hitbox for the edge of the cave entrance are so fucking tight together you have to literally bad cam and walk perfectly on the axis to slide out, someone i knew died this world to it too, and i've personally experienced one that was very very very similar (deliberately) to confirm. wouldnt surprise me if there was a pretty decent amount of cliffs that the tiny tolerance of the cave-to-cliff-exclusion-zone was too bullshit to escape.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:10 pm

Hmm. No revives, but will try to look at this.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby vatas » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:37 am

This guy actually died 100% because of the "smooth terrain transition." There's no argument he would've still jumped down if it was clearly shown that there's only deep water down there.

Not saying the cliff stuck bugs shouldn't be addressed, but I'd like to signal boost the reason why all serious Custom Clients have option for "hard terrain transition."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Bugs