# Of Combat Key Bindings Lowered (mirroring each other)

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

# Of Combat Key Bindings Lowered (mirroring each other)

Postby shotmichael » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:47 pm

This bug has caused me to only have 7 of 10 available move slots during combat. Effectively lowering the diversity of moves I can use to attack or defend.

When selecting keybindings within settings, global shortcuts, combat: Using a keybinding already taken causes the old one to unbind. Immediately clicking the unbound key and inputting the previous binding causes both keys to bind to each other, and therefore display as the same in the combat deck. Settings then fails to influence the affected key which simply mirrors.

How to repeat the bug (when having combat deck and the settings open):
Action/combat move 5 I might have bounded to the Letter E. If I try to bind action 6 to letter E, action 5 unbinds. Trying to bind action 5 back to E then allows both action 5 and action 6 to be bound to E. This change reflects as well on the Martial Arts and Combat School (Combat Deck) tab.
However, now when I try to change action 6 to a separate binding like R, it shows the change in the settings, but the Combat Deck tab does not reflect the change. In actuality, action 6 binding is broken and connected to nothing. In combat, R (action 6) does nothing.

-In combat deck tab, Position 6 will show the same binding as position 5, even if they are different in the settings bindings.

-If I change action 5 to something else (in settings), combat deck tab shows both action 5 and 6 change to that binding, and changing action 6 (in settings) does not do anything to the combat deck tab.

-In actual combat, the key that is mirroring no longer works, so I've effectively limited the amount of moves I can execute in combat. I can use action 5. Action 6 is unusable since combat deck shows it is bound to same as action 5, despite what settings say.

The above were examples. Here is an actual screenshot of the mess I've created. Settings show what I would like to have binded. Combat deck shows what is actually binded,where only one of the moves is executed and the others do nothing.

https://imgur.com/a/46askqT
Last edited by shotmichael on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shotmichael

Re: # Of Combat Key Bindings Lowered (mirroring each other)

Postby loftar » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:08 pm

shotmichael wrote:Example: Action/combat move 5 I might have bounded to the Letter E. If I try to bind action 6 to letter E, action 5 unbinds.

This is not a behavior I recognize from the default client. Please verify that it happens on the default client as well, otherwise you should instead report this bug to the author of your custom client.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: # Of Combat Key Bindings Lowered (mirroring each other)

Postby shotmichael » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:33 am

So as it turns out, this was a problem with the Ender client. The ender client creates and utilizes a keybindings.json. There is a way to glitch the keybindings and the best solutions is to delete the keybindings.json found within your user hidden folder on your computer.

Deleting and re-downloading ender and vanilla client does not fix this bug, as the keybindings.json is a separate file stores elsewhere on your computer.

It's fairly simple to redo keybindings to your liking if they are affected, or take photos of your setup before removing the file.
Otherwise you can try editing keybindings.json if you know what you are doing. The combat keybindings are at the end of the file.
shotmichael

Return to Bugs