Truffles - bugged/limited spawns?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Truffles - bugged/limited spawns?

Postby DonVelD » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:06 pm

So me and my friends have recently discovered that finding truffles on our usual spot is near impossible.
I assume the spots don't have a limited number of truffles, but I'd like you to clarify or look into the issue.

This was roughly the zone we've thoroughly searched every time:

Do note that when the world was 3-6 months old I've been using 20-30 minutes to find a whole inventory of truffles in a zone that was two times smaller than this.
Now? Even 40-60 minutes yields nothing, one cluster of truffles if we're really lucky.
After a week of searching we've found about 15 charges of truffles or so, which is just ridiculous.

I don't really know if our problem has to do with the spot in specific, although I've been able to find truffles anywhere else.
This is what I've found after 10 minutes walking around on the other side of the world:

A few key takeaways:
-The pig has 100+ truffle snout, but we've tested with weaker ones.
-The place is mostly covered in (now inactive) village claim, but that wasn't an issue previously.
-We've been searching for truffles there both in summer & autumn.

Am I missing something? It doesn't feel like a bad luck.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Re: Truffles - bugged/limited spawns?

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=64240&start=150#p891122

You need to make your bots move between nodes now, and ideally find the nodes autonomously since a single node of most things won't last long enough to support one or two characters when harvested manually. Next world is going to be a bit of a fustercluck in regard to foragables. My expectation is that several key foragables are going to be effectively out of reach for most people.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DonVelD » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:39 pm

Really cringe if true. I don't think that should work on truffles. Walking around finding mostly 10q truffles because your good spot got drained will be so much fun. :roll:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:36 am

DonVelD wrote:Really cringe if true. I don't think that should work on truffles.

Not to grandstand, but I don't think it should work on anything. Anti-botting measures shouldn't be obtrusive to regular play - especially when said measures can be circumvented with more or better bots. It's very similar to when they added quality to cheese racks for like 2 years.

IMO, in this case it's even a bit worse. I know my group has enough competent programmers that automating infinite high quality truffles won't be an issue, but for other groups with less competent/dedicated programmers I can see this change holding them back in a significant way. It is not good for the game that groups like mine have fewer capable competitors. Drags us all down, or drag none of us down.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Return to Bugs