So Satiations & Hunger actually go down?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: So Satiations & Hunger actually go down?

Postby Pills » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:43 pm

loftar wrote:
Pills wrote:The salt nerf is insane, 1 10q peice of salt took me from 167% efficacy to 168%. that's crazy bad.

Note that, since it gives a fixed "time of digestion", it will give significantly more than that at higher Satiety levels. The five hours that salt gives at q10 is roughly calibrated to give the previous 10‰ when you're at 100% Efficacy, and, of course, higher gains than that at higher Satiety levels. Not that I'm not open to adjusting what Salt gives, just keep in mind that it doesn't give a fixed amount of Hunger.

Pills wrote:Why even have [..] 300% in the game at that point?

While I realize that many people are completely used to only eating at 300% at this point, it was never intended to work that way. It was meant more as a catch-up mechanic for people who don't eat a lot or leave the game for a while, or such things, and somewhat as an early-game bonus. Being closer to 100% Efficacy makes food comparable to the FEPs they used to give in Legacy.

I feel like some of the early world food needs rebalancing to match this then, right now the only real options for strength food is nutjerky and boar/bear meat. which isn't a particularly diverse list. meaning miners are gunna have to eat a significant amount of the same stuff and massively diminishing returns just to get going.

Meanwhile for the likes of perception and intelligence you have about 30 different kinds of fish.
Pills

Postby Flameturtle » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:51 pm

I do agree some options for strength might be nice since our options before hard metal are the stone axe and flint knife in terms of weaponry. Cant even make metal arrows without an anvil.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Procne » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:30 pm

I think that general goal / intention was that a normal person playing a few hours a day would stay around 100% efficacy, and probably like 500% satiety. It's just people got used to the meta, where they have to stay in the 300% zone.

edit: now I read what loftar wrote. Oh well -_-
Procne

Postby loftar » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:37 pm

I mean, to be sure, I do get that pretty much everyone has been eating at 300% for, what, seven years or so now, so I'm not entirely foreign to the opinion that the effective FEP values from that should be considered baseline, and it's not like I'm entirely opposed to potential ideas that food should be buffed across the spectrum to compensate, if 100% Efficacy actually does become the new norm (which also remains to be seen in itself, mind you). I'm just also not sure that is the correct interpretation, and I'd at least like to wait it out for a bit to see how this paradigm plays and feels.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Previous

Return to Bugs