Can't walk , use buildings

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Can't walk , use buildings

Postby mimik » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:34 pm

Hello . i have a problem .

When I click on objects or try to walk, nothing happens, while I can interact with the HUD and the map, I can also walk through the map, but this does not cancel the problem .

However, when I tried to try to run the game on another computer, everything worked fine, the account works fine. Please help, thanks in advance <3
mimik

Re: Can't walk , use buildings

Postby aronatia » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:37 pm

This is the same issue I've had for months now. It doesn't respond at all when I click in the main game, but works on the inventory/map/etc. I tried the methods they suggested on the threads where it was brought up before, and it did nothing to help. Never got any further help/responses.
aronatia

Postby loftar » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:28 pm

To debug this problem, please type in the console command :clickdb on (while logged into the game world; character creation also works), and then click somewhere. This should produce three files in your home directory, click1.png through click3.png, and also some debug text in the "System Log" chat. Please post said files and the debug text here, and I'll have a look at it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:30 pm

And oh, right, please also post what GPU you have. There is a known bug in the driver for some old Intel GPUs where they don't respond to OpenGL queries. I don't remember exactly what generation of Intel GPUs right now, but I think they are the ones supporting OpenGL 3.0-3.3 (the pre-OpenGL 4.0 drivers, that is).
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby irongete » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:05 am

I sometimes get the contrary, can walk and interact with objects but not with GUI elements.
irongete

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:54 am

irongete wrote:I sometimes get the contrary, can walk and interact with objects but not with GUI elements.

Same. In the remote case this might be useful, I think this usually happens when my PC (getting bit old) has a system-level hick-up that causes it, if not fully freeze, to at least "hang" for a bit before continuing. I'm not a programmer but sounds like that could mess up certain things, with Java having a separate virtual machine and all. Sorry if this sounds like "have you tried checking the gigabytes?" -joke from the Zits -comic strip.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby irongete » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:59 pm

vatas wrote:
irongete wrote:I sometimes get the contrary, can walk and interact with objects but not with GUI elements.

Same. In the remote case this might be useful, I think this usually happens when my PC (getting bit old) has a system-level hick-up that causes it, if not fully freeze, to at least "hang" for a bit before continuing. I'm not a programmer but sounds like that could mess up certain things, with Java having a separate virtual machine and all. Sorry if this sounds like "have you tried checking the gigabytes?" -joke from the Zits -comic strip.

Yeah, happens a lot when opening more than 1 client, its something related about what you said. Client freezes for 0.1 second and shit happens, only way to fix it is restarting the client.
irongete

Return to Bugs