discovery points on stacks

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

discovery points on stacks

Postby joojoo1975 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:40 pm

1 character picks up 3 stinging nettles and makes a bundle. drops bundle to ground. other character comes over and picks up bundle from ground. gets discovery points for finding stinging nettle from bundle.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Re: discovery points on stacks

Postby abt79 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:28 pm

technically this is a longstanding “bug”: the same thing has always happened when you collect milk with a barrel, or when seeds are auto-added to a carried bucket, or when you Pluck a bird with a full inventory while using a stockpile. Taking any item collected from its native source without having entered a player’s inventory (or inventory-compatible container, in the case of liquids) can give discos to players who lack them.

The stack counts as a “container” and since the second item always creates and enters a stack automatically, all items autostacked do not enter your inventory and therefore do not lose the “undiscovered” property, or gain the “discovered” property, however it might work.

I don’t really see the big deal, though. Especially since trying to fix this might break discoveries of objects whose “native source” is actually a player-built container, such as silkmoth stages and raw glass.
abt79

Re: discovery points on stacks

Postby joojoo1975 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:07 am

never said it was a big deal

just said it was a bug
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Return to Bugs