Village Claim permissions not working right?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Village Claim permissions not working right?

Postby terrais » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:56 pm

So....... village mang screen, White is set to NOTHING..... only Green and Lt Blue I use.... Green is our members and Lt blue is friends/allys.... said person is marked yellow on my personal friends list.

The person I speak of who helped test this, is on my Friends list... .... but was able to walk onto the village claim which is set to disallow any trespassing..

Not in my party or another members party.
Visitor gates are open around the exterior.
Village Idol is full str and good to go and extends around the entrances...
He did get the Visitor's buff.

So not sure at all why random people can walk onto claims............................... Halp lol.
https://ibb.co/kSZXxFH
W4- Hermit with a buddy
W5- Hermit
W7- LS Of Saviors
W8- LS Of Saviors
W9- LS Of Saviors
W10- LS Of Saviors
W11- LS Of Saviors
W12- LS Of Saviors
W13- What?
W14- Saviors 4 lyfe.
W15- Saviors LS
terrais

Re: Village Claim permissions not working right?

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:27 pm

Have you literally just never made a vclaim before? They don't prevent walking the same way pclaims do, don't believe they ever have.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Saxony4 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:34 pm

Anyone can walk over a village claim without permissions, it's always been that way. Dunno how you could have been playing several worlds and not know how a vclaim works.
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby terrais » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:08 am

What about using a Stone Cairn to change perms? I guess what it says in game doesn't apply then?

I'm probably remember around W8 or under then... when Leather Feathers came out..... because it still has in game, under village mang that it says white permissions also apply to non-members

So was just hoping it still did that but I guess not? lol.... JORB take it out.. change ze text.
W4- Hermit with a buddy
W5- Hermit
W7- LS Of Saviors
W8- LS Of Saviors
W9- LS Of Saviors
W10- LS Of Saviors
W11- LS Of Saviors
W12- LS Of Saviors
W13- What?
W14- Saviors 4 lyfe.
W15- Saviors LS
terrais

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:21 am

You're not getting it, bro. You can't make vclaims Not Walkable. It's by design. Like, in this context trespassing is passing through doors and mineholes and etc.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Morrighan » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:31 am

terrais

You said your friend is yellow on your personal KIN list. What permissions do they have as yellow on your personal claim? Are they a member or your village? If so, what permissions do they have as a village member? These can all affect permissions. Anyone character that enters any claim through a visitor gate is given the visitor debuff, unless they are the owner of the claim.

Anyone can walk through a visitors gate onto a village claim. By nature, a village is a group control, not personal control, that allows a group to interact and function on the claim together. To prevent non-village members from entering the Vclaim, you need to provide an inner gate. With the visitor debuff Non-village members would NOT have automatic perms to interact with objects on the v-claim and cannot open the inner gates. This keeps them out of the vclaim while still allowing village members access in and out. These inner gates do not require keys to function. However, in the case that a personl claim and a village claim are covering the same visitor gate, if the personal claim has given perms to any character to enter and interact, it will override the vclaim and inner gates at that particular gate. Also, any caves without visitor gates on any claim will allow a character to drop the visitor debuff. Therefore, all caves and mineholes must all be visitor gated to maintain the security of the claim.
Morrighan

Return to Bugs