Animals Disapear While Taming

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Animals Disapear While Taming

Postby Ø » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:27 pm

Sometimes while taming and taking shelter animals disappear. Is this normal? Is this bad luck? Did I wait too long to fight the animal due to being asleep?

Four horses and two mouflons vanished so far.
Ø

Re: Animals Disapear While Taming

Postby Fostik » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:22 pm

Taking shelter means you entering home or cave, which could randomly trigger cleanup of map chunk you were immediately. This action drops most of stances of the the map except permanent stuff, despawn creatures, curiosities and so on.
This happens very often during new world, as I understand server is trying to clean loaded chunks as fast as possible to free up resources.

Non-tethered non-tamed animal is not saved from this despawn, so that means when area unload happens the animal will just despawn.

As a solution you could leave a twink somewhere nearby to keep this area loaded when your main is entering shelter.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Ø » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:06 pm

Fostik wrote:Taking shelter means you entering home or cave, which could randomly trigger cleanup of map chunk you were immediately. This action drops most of stances of the the map except permanent stuff, despawn creatures, curiosities and so on.
This happens very often during new world, as I understand server is trying to clean loaded chunks as fast as possible to free up resources.

Non-tethered non-tamed animal is not saved from this despawn, so that means when area unload happens the animal will just despawn.

As a solution you could leave a twink somewhere nearby to keep this area loaded when your main is entering shelter.

Thanks for the info! What's a twink?
Ø

Postby solisalias » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:04 pm

whats a twink lmao
solisalias

Postby Fostik » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:10 pm

Twinks are your secondary characters from other accounts
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Ø » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:26 pm

solisalias wrote:whats a twink lmao

Different context... :lol:

Fostik wrote:Twinks are your secondary characters from other accounts

Don't have another account. Figured this was the case, but had to ask.
Ø

Postby Aerona » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:57 am

I noticed this too. It's because animals aren't reattached to their hitching post after a taming session until you leash them and reattach them manually. It would be nice if they were reassigned to their last hitching post automatically after a taming session, it's a pain having to check and remember every time.
Aerona

Postby Ø » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:16 am

Aerona wrote:I noticed this too. It's because animals aren't reattached to their hitching post after a taming session until you leash them and reattach them manually. It would be nice if they were reassigned to their last hitching post automatically after a taming session, it's a pain having to check and remember every time.

This is not the issue that I experienced. Please read Fostiks reply for what actually happened. Not a bug. *shrug*
Ø

Postby Aerona » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:49 am

It's not just about you. Like I said, it's about whether the animal is hitched or not when it's offloaded. The animal will only become unhitched when you miss too many taming sessions, leash it, or you begin one. It'll only be re-hitched when you do it manually. It can be offloaded at any time that you aren't looking. If it's still hitched, it'll be there when you get back. (As an edge case, an animal may also become unhitched if something else attacks it, but if that happens you have other problems.)
Aerona

Postby Ø » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:29 pm

Aerona wrote:crap that has nothing to do with the OP

This issue has been resolved.
Ø

Next

Return to Bugs