Exploit: Visitor gate bypass

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Exploit: Visitor gate bypass

Postby donbot » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:52 pm

donbot has been chasing this fighter today

after donbot has clearly won the fight this misa guy immediately ran towards a cave

donbot was smart, and noticed that it could be a trap

when misa hopped into the cave, donbot peeked the cave noticing a peculiar build inside

the palisade is meant to give donbot visitor after he slightly moves after entering the cave while in combat

donbot would be inside the gate, while in combat and with no way out

this is a clear case of bug abusing
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Re: Exploit: Visitor gate bypass

Postby donbot » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:59 pm

it's not even one safepali like this
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:01 pm

This is truly disheartening and egregious. I can't even play the game knowing that there are people out there like Misa abusing this obviously unintended bug. I beseech you jorb and loftar, please nuke Misa and his village (Whatever Bay) for such a blatant disregard of the clearly defined rules of Haven and Hearth against bug abuse.

Thank you.
Ardennes
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby azrid » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:05 pm

no risk pvp just walk thru visitor gates is pretty gay
glad you guys see the light now
azrid

Postby donbot » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:06 pm

azrid wrote:no risk pvp just walk thru visitor gates is pretty gay
glad you guys see the light now

erm, sir, the last thread was just brigading a thread & begging for a nuke - what they said had no meaning
donbot
Under curfew

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:09 pm

Last few times I remember a visitor debuff bypass being used, there were bans, character deletions, and/or nukes:
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 39&t=62344
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 39&t=51296
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... p?p=564736

Jorb wrote:Key takeaway:
Don't bagaboose.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby abt79 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:18 pm

Holy shit. This is a crazy exploit that clearly could turn the tide in pvp. And this player knows of this exploit but is using it to cheat rather than reporting it. Big nono, developers please nuke their village.

Ardennesss wrote:Last few times I remember a visitor debuff bypass being used, there were bans, character deletions, and/or nukes:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=62344
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=51296
viewtopic.php?p=564736

Jorb wrote:Key takeaway:
Don't bagaboose.

I agree with this
abt79

Postby donbot » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:31 pm

it seems that this misa guy got upset because of the thread and got his bugabuser friends to help him out, alas, they had to run from donbot

donbot
Under curfew

Postby Ø » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:51 pm

Still a bug. I can't remember if I ever agreed for nuking the last users of said bug, but whatever... Still a bug.
Ø

Postby TheServant » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:53 pm

I think the best way to get something fixed is to abuse it the hardest i can. I have in total 12 caves like this, please find them and report here so we can raise awareness
TheServant

Next

Return to Bugs