Exploit: Visitor gate bypass

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Exploit: Visitor gate bypass

Postby azrid » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:12 pm

this is the thread where everyone agrees
azrid

Cave rights appreciation

Postby CaveNearDonbot » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:49 am

With tales of individuals who do not wait for consent before inserting themselves into any rocky crevasse they come across, I must show my appreciation to donbot for maintaining a respectful distance and not intruding upon me.

Stay strong my fellow cavefolk, there are still good people out here!
CaveNearDonbot

nuke these Whatever Bastards

Postby CaveNearWhateverBay » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:29 am

a brazilian monke put a giant wooden door in my holes HELP!!!!
CaveNearWhateverBay

Re: nuke these Whatever Bastards

Postby Ø » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:33 am

CaveNearWhateverBay wrote:a brazilian monke put a giant wooden door in my holes HELP!!!!

He did the same to your mom.
Ø

Re: Cave rights appreciation

Postby donbot » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:40 am

CaveNearDonbot wrote:With tales of individuals who do not wait for consent before inserting themselves into any rocky crevasse they come across, I must show my appreciation to donbot for maintaining a respectful distance and not intruding upon me.

Stay strong my fellow cavefolk, there are still good people out here!

donbot is a fine gentleman, after all. thank you for your appreciation. stay safe!
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby vatas » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:43 am

Topic description: call-out against hypocrisy of group X.

Context: Group X complained about an "exploit" but are now using it.

Analysis: Devs have been silent about the whole thing, so group X is not hypocritical to consider that the "exploit" is an intended game mechanic that has to be utilized to remain competitive.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Lurux » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:04 am

This is obv a feature now
Lurux

Postby Kaios » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:59 pm

Visitor bypass would imply that one is entering a visitor gate in a manner which allows them to avoid receiving the visitor status. Unless I misunderstood, this is not what is happening here.

Building gates in this manner has been possible for a long time, however, I do recall the devs doing something about this some time ago such as preventing construction too close to cave but it seems that is not the case and it was only just the prevention of mining too close.
Kaios

Postby TheServant » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:11 pm

Kaios wrote:Visitor bypass would imply that one is entering a visitor gate in a manner which allows them to avoid receiving the visitor status. Unless I misunderstood, this is not what is happening here.

Building gates in this manner has been possible for a long time, however, I do recall the devs doing something about this some time ago such as preventing construction too close to cave but it seems that is not the case and it was only just the prevention of mining too close.

what happens is, you build the gate very close to cave entrance so when u enter you automatically receive vgate debuff. i love my cave it saved me today.. thanks jorb for making this awesome feature
TheServant

Postby Kaios » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 pm

Yeah exactly. It’s certainly unintended but it is in no way the same as those exploits they mentioned previously relating to visitor gates that’s for sure
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs