log out to log in screen every few minutes

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

log out to log in screen every few minutes

Postby Leaqwid » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:01 am

Issue:
- Haven't played for a while, now on a new better system after log in I can play for a few minutes until I'm thrown back to the log in screen.
- Movement in the game is smooth, but interaction with objects or any inventory/items has a delay of about 2 seconds.
- In the log in screen I can log back in within a second and no error message pops up. (I assume that's why it's not a crash)

What I have tried so far:
- Reinstalled Java (jre-8u401-windows-x64)
- Updated graphics driver
- Restarted Router
- Tried different clients: Vanilla; Ender; Kami (all same behavior)
- searched on forum for similar cases
- edit: running Kami client with included jdk
- edit: different game settings (render shadows; v-sync; frame sync;...)

System:
- Windows 10 pro x64
- CPU i7-13700K
- RAM 32GB
- GPU NVIDIA GTX 1070

What can I try next? Please help.
Last edited by Leaqwid on Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leaqwid

Re: log out to log in screen every few minutes

Postby vatas » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:27 am

Sorry if you already tried this, but wasn't specified:

You can try running Kami with the "use onboard jdk" -option from the launcher to eliminate your "proper" Java installation as the problem.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Leaqwid » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:40 am

vatas wrote:Sorry if you already tried this, but wasn't specified:

You can try running Kami with the "use onboard jdk" -option from the launcher to eliminate your "proper" Java installation as the problem.

Thank you for the reply.
This option is checked by default, so I have already tried it out without any effect.
Leaqwid

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:49 pm

Being sent back to the login screen, in my experience, typically means you either got rate limited by the server or your connection to said server is unstable. I'd DM loftar, he can check logs for your account and see why you're being booted and advise further. There have been instances in the past of people with perfectly stable internet connections that simply don't play nice with their ISP's routing to haven, and this could potentially be one of those situations.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Leaqwid » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:47 pm

Ardennesss wrote:Being sent back to the login screen, in my experience, typically means you either got rate limited by the server or your connection to said server is unstable. I'd DM loftar, he can check logs for your account and see why you're being booted and advise further. There have been instances in the past of people with perfectly stable internet connections that simply don't play nice with their ISP's routing to haven, and this could potentially be one of those situations.

Thank you for the suggestion. Your explanation sounds plausible. I have sent him a PM. Hopefully he has time to look into it.
Leaqwid

Postby Leaqwid » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:51 pm

Ok somehow I found the problem or at least a work around for it.

It seems to work without problems if I connect a patch cable to the router. My wifi setup is apparently not an option.

Haven't had any problems with this setup in any online game yet. And I am not necessarily thrilled about this solution :(

If anyone knows the reason for this, please let me know.
Leaqwid

Return to Bugs