Cheese racks can still be inspected for quality

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Cheese racks can still be inspected for quality

Postby Pills » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:34 am

As title says, cheese racks can still be inspected for quality dispite their quality no longer affecting cheese (as changed last world), the interaction to see their quality should be removed to remove confusion.
Pills

Re: Cheese racks can still be inspected for quality

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:40 am

+1
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Mr_Bober » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:37 am

Pills wrote:As title says, cheese racks can still be inspected for quality dispite their quality no longer affecting cheese (as changed last world), the interaction to see their quality should be removed to remove confusion.

For the same reason, all quality from items which don't use quality should have it removed. Just very confusing overall.
Mr_Bober

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:02 pm

Mr_Bober wrote:
Pills wrote:As title says, cheese racks can still be inspected for quality dispite their quality no longer affecting cheese (as changed last world), the interaction to see their quality should be removed to remove confusion.

For the same reason, all quality from items which don't use quality should have it removed. Just very confusing overall.

90% agree with that. However, if devs want to change the thing to affect something, or add new things affected by it, having them have quality prevents Jorb from having to post "sorry whoever built X before this patch, those count as q0 now."

However in this specific case Cheese Racks definitely should NOT have any quality because we've already managed to determine that they SHOULD NOT have a quality value that affects anything.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Mr_Bober » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:36 pm

vatas wrote:
Mr_Bober wrote:

90% agree with that. However, if devs want to change the thing to affect something, or add new things affected by it, having them have quality prevents Jorb from having to post "sorry whoever built X before this patch, those count as q0 now."

However in this specific case Cheese Racks definitely should NOT have any quality because we've already managed to determine that they SHOULD NOT have a quality value that affects anything.

Has it ever happened that something that didn't use quality all of a sudden did?

Also I don't know you, but I don't waste good resources on items that have no quality use. So either way I would have to remake whatever it was if q suddenly mattered.

I think this hypothetical scenario is not a good reason to keep every new player confused. Especially considering there's a few items that don't have quality at all, which further strengthens the idea that if something does have it, it matters.
Mr_Bober

Postby Ø » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:03 pm

Remove all quality from the game and turn it into a player driven RTS siege game. The best programmer wins.
Ø

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:03 pm

Mr_Bober wrote:Has it ever happened that something that didn't use quality all of a sudden did?

Chairs.

Crucible's quality didn't matter at all until Irrlights were added. (Irrlight seems equal in quality to the firestation where it spawned from.)

vatas

Postby Necrisha » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:38 am

Mr_Bober wrote:
Has it ever happened that something that didn't use quality all of a sudden did?

Also I don't know you, but I don't waste good resources on items that have no quality use. So either way I would have to remake whatever it was if q suddenly mattered.

I think this hypothetical scenario is not a good reason to keep every new player confused. Especially considering there's a few items that don't have quality at all, which further strengthens the idea that if something does have it, it matters.

Some of it kept as a backup in case the Dev decides to revert back to quality mattering. (like cheese racks) Ducks incoming bricks

Also the tuning of items might not have quality soft-capping matter- Drying racks have the quality matter becuase it affects the drying speed. It is entirely possible that Jorb might adopt that mechanic for cheese racks in the future, since the cheese stays auto stopped at a progression step now.

Actually I like that idea!
Necrisha

Return to Bugs