Oficial Client: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Oficial Client: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

Postby deymor » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:31 am

Happens to me that i had troubles with other client (ender) and tried to use the oficial client to take care of my croops and animals and found that windows defender jump up with this warning and dosent allow me to start the game

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

I tried with other client like Ender. And happen just the same thing.

any idea what to do?
deymor

Re: Oficial Client: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

Postby c1K » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:42 am

deymor wrote:Happens to me that i had troubles with other client (ender) and tried to use the oficial client to take care of my croops and animals and found that windows defender jump up with this warning and dosent allow me to start the game

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

I tried with other client like Ender. And happen just the same thing.

any idea what to do?

uh oh, i guess you can't trust vanilla anymore.

On a more serious note, it's up to you. I have no clue why would vanilla and ender trigger windows defender, but you can make a conscious choice of getting those 2 items out of the quarantine, turning off the windef or forgetting about the game all together.

I wonder if someone else has a better insight than I do.
Last edited by c1K on Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c1K

Postby vatas » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert.

To my knowledge, all anti-virus software effectively relies on a library of already identified malware. By a coincidence, a non-malicious piece of code can definitely trigger False Positives.

On the flipside, while there's probably a degree of heuristics going on to prevent the most blatant "I'll just change my malware a tiny bit so it isn't an exact match to the one they put in the library" this means that anti-virus is powerless against a malware not already in its library. Granted it likely would have use brand new exploit/method to deliver its payload. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-day_(computing)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Soukuw » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:58 am

Soukuw wrote:I do NOT think ender client is a virus

My Jar files are suddenly being caught as "Sabsik.FL.A!ml"

Did something infect my jar files or some weird shit? This has never been a problem before and I think it's what is also causing me to randomly have crashes after the client works perfectly fine.

I have like 4 ender client folders since it kept breaking and windows defender deleted all of the jars out of each

Edit: Fresh jar files both beta and normal trigger warnings from windows defender. Vanilla seemingly does not

You're not alone <3 woo

Other users in game of Ender Client do not have this problem. Either we've downloaded some sketchy shit or this is a false positive.
Soukuw

Postby c1K » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:15 am

Soukuw wrote:
Soukuw wrote:I do NOT think ender client is a virus

My Jar files are suddenly being caught as "Sabsik.FL.A!ml"

Did something infect my jar files or some weird shit? This has never been a problem before and I think it's what is also causing me to randomly have crashes after the client works perfectly fine.

I have like 4 ender client folders since it kept breaking and windows defender deleted all of the jars out of each

Edit: Fresh jar files both beta and normal trigger warnings from windows defender. Vanilla seemingly does not

You're not alone <3 woo

Other users in game of Ender Client do not have this problem. Either we've downloaded some sketchy shit or this is a false positive.

imo false positive.
as long as you are using the launcher from the Ender OP you should be good.
c1K

Return to Bugs