Minimap and screen cannot be lined up!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Minimap and screen cannot be lined up!

Postby Altich » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:20 pm

At the old haven, the minimap was always a bit crooked. For example, when you were moving North, the minimap showed that you were moving North east (or something). For me that was very annoying. When I wanted to go at one place looking the minimap, it confused me.

Now your screen can be rotated, but it isn't possible to rotate the screen so that it is completely lined up with the minimap, so I'm having the same problem. My suggestion is:

1) Make the minimap always be completely lined up with your screen (and rotate it when rotating the screen)
2) If that's not possible, at least make yourself at the minimap shown as an arrow (that shows what direction you are facing) instead of a cross like it is now.

Only I am annoyed by this? :P
Altich

Re: Minimap and screen cannot be lined up!

Postby Lupich » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm

No fucking way, don't align the map with the direction you're facing. The map is aligned to North/East/South/West and many use it for direction.
Just click on the minimap on the spot you want to go and your character will point that direction.
Lupich

Re: Minimap and screen cannot be lined up!

Postby Altich » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:33 pm

No fucking way, don't align the map with the direction you're facing. The map is aligned to North/East/South/West and many use it for direction.
Just click on the minimap on the spot you want to go and your character will point that direction.

You can have the option to fix the minimap if you want... I don't think it will be so hard to do. Clicking the minimap to move is a pain, because you stumble on trees and stuff.

Also, currently you can rotate the screen at 4 directions. At least make one of these directions be lined up with the minimap! It makes no sense the way it is now!
Altich

Return to Critique & Ideas