Energy/SHP REGEN

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Energy/SHP REGEN

Postby tardy0 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 pm

With the way hunger and food efficacy works now I dont like to eat all the food I can hold down to make each piece only worth 10% of the FEPS.
Yet, I find myself constantly low on energy from the extensive stamina drains from basic tasks. That being said, taking any SHP damage can be difficult to recover from as you dont want to ruin your food efficacy, but at the same time, if you dont eat you dont gain any energy. With the 4000% min requirement right now for SHP healing, Ive had to eat ALOT of food, with only having near 2500% or so energy to reach 4k.
Preferably, I'd want SHP regen at maybe 3500% and at the lowest 3000%. Theres no real function for the lots of energy between that 2k and 4k mark, so if not lowering min requirement for SHP regen, maybe allow a slower regen for lower energy levels, and faster regen for above 4k?
Or maybe have energy slowly regen instead of decrease so it doesnt further make players have to eat, which I feel, defeats the purpose of the hunger bar, since youre only eating for energy and not hunger anymore.
"Once upon a time there were two noobs. One day a greifer came by and killed them both"
~The end
tardy0

Re: Energy/SHP REGEN

Postby Granger » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:24 am

Don't run around at full speed while drinking water and you shouldn't have that big of a problem.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: Energy/SHP REGEN

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:30 am

As someone who has had to do a lot of high energy tasks for large portions of the day since day 1, I can guarantee you that you can avoid dipping below 50% FEP value if you don't run/sprint/swim everywhere. If you're trying to maintain 100% and above FEP value then that's out of the question though as it just takes too long for that to regenerate.

Set aside high energy, low hunger foods to snack on if you have to, such as Rat on a Stick.
TeckXKnight

Return to Critique & Ideas