Easier thingwall discovery

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Easier thingwall discovery

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:33 am

Would be cool if instead of relying on third party maps to see where thingwalls are on your arduous journey to collect them all, we could use an in-game resource. I'd suggest either marking the local thingwall on your map whenever you enter its region, or alternatively just giving you the discovery of/ability to teleport to that thingwall by entering the region, not specifically seeing the thingwall.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: Easier thingwall discovery

Postby algorithm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:54 am

omg, learn math and a bit about voronoi regions
algorithm wrote:Cape awarded? ;)

jorb wrote:Oh, for sure. Delivery 2022. ;)
algorithm

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:08 am

I would still need to map a huge area to get the shape of the region in order to place the thingwall :x
also math is gay
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby algorithm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:23 am

yeah, better to have a map revealed from the beginning. With regular updates to see where are hermits live.

algorithm

Postby telum12 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:39 am

algorithm wrote:omg, learn math and a bit about voronoi regions

So your suggestion is that factions integrate the voronoi diagrams in the minimap into their clients for thingwall discovery while all non-faction players have to do it the old fashioned way because they don't have programmers in their village?

Wow, you really want this game to head into the right direction. Jorb should hire you!
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby DanteThanatos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Or thingwall discoveries could be inheritable like the completed credos, but a new character cant fasttravel through the ancestor's thingwalls for the same first 8hrs of inheriting an ancestor limit timer.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby algorithm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:33 pm

telum12 wrote:

So your suggestion is that factions integrate the voronoi diagrams in the minimap into their clients for thingwall discovery while all non-faction players have to do it the old fashioned way because they don't have programmers in their village?

Wow, you really want this game to head into the right direction. Jorb should hire you!

are you joking or you are serious? it's a pretty simple thing you can use yourself. also, it's one-time discovery, after which you don't need to do anything...

algorithm

Postby telum12 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:34 pm

algorithm wrote:
telum12 wrote:

are you joking or you are serious? it's a pretty simple thing you can use yourself. also, it's one-time discovery, after which you don't need to do anything...

You are mentally challenged if you think think everyone should be able to implement a feature to determine the location of adjacent points on the voronoi diagrams. Doubly so if you've ever touched the client code.

On the same note, having to eye-ball the next point on a fucking voronoi diagram in order to discover the adjacent thingwall and thinking that good game design, the fuck are you smoking. Yes, in theory it's simple, but thinking every player should learn how voronoi diagrams work for the game to be less painful is the most idiotic thing I've heard in a while.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Sephiron » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Thingwall showing up on map when entering region big yes
The hard part is figuring out which river system it's a part of
also let us use thingwalls for ship travel pls
Sephiron

Postby dafels » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:32 pm

yes haha every player should learn programming in java and omg figure out the easy maths themselves. you're not the sharpest tool in the shed are u ok my friend
dafels

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas