+1 Spam

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: +1 Spam

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:39 pm

u snowflakes killed the forums tbh all banter moved to discord where were not restricted on what we say.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Massa » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:33 am

wonder-ass wrote:u snowflakes killed the forums tbh all banter moved to discord where were not restricted on what we say.

granger did this
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby vatas » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:43 pm

I'm not too opposed to simply leaving +1 if the OP represents simple change. Something you could do instead of +1 on a bigger or more complicated idea:

1. Highlighting particular thing about OP that you agree with.
2. Mentioning something that has happened to you and how it would've gone better had the change in question been in effect.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Southpaw » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:46 pm

shubla wrote:They take space from the screen while providing no real input to the idea.

literally every shubla post ever takes space from my screen and provides no value

this is the most golden take devoid of self awareness of all
jaws hat enthusiast, entrepreneur, avid appreciator of the arts
Southpaw

Postby DoctorCookie » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:41 pm

Kaios wrote:
Jalpha wrote:Maybe just give the limited moderation team some breathing space. I'm sure they CBF dealing with every little thing and focus where their time has more impact.

But they don't do anything though.

+1
DoctorCookie

Postby VDZ » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:08 am

MagicManICT wrote:To be fair, I'd like to see a vote system for C&I, but it's been discussed in the past. I'd have to look up any comments from jorb or loftar on the matter, but if memory serves, it's not likely to happen.

Design by community majority decision is a terrible way to make a game. The devs' own (often stubborn) vision brought us the game we love. They should choose to implement or not implement suggestions based on the arguments presented and whether it fits into their vision, not simply because a lot of people liked the idea. Having visible vote counters showing that 'look, most people want PvP to be removed!' is unlikely to be beneficial for the game in the long run.
VDZ

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:40 am

VDZ wrote:Design by community majority decision is a terrible way to make a game.

Actually, it has worked in the past, but the lead dev had final veto over any design requests voted in by the player population. Sometimes those requests were very hard to fulfill.

I do hope that people don't think that because an idea is popular means must be implemented. Some ideas look good on paper, but the implementation isn't practical. Some ideas don't look good on paper, but once implemented, actually come off very elegantly. And there is always those cases where people think they want something, but when faced with actually having it, they hate it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:17 pm

I'd much rather prefer the devs giving us a list of what they want to work on and we could vote for it. But also I doubt the votes will not be rigged with alt accs etc :D
Another option is to make a list of things the devs want to work on and send it to people with a working brain and let them vote -> seems very complicated.
So the devs have to make good decisions for the game themselves
Pommfritz

Postby Reyajh » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:33 am

wonder-ass wrote:shut up retard -1

this! Is not spam...
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby razfen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:34 am

Better idea: just remove C&I
MagicManICT wrote:Not really any purpose of this thread other than to get a simple answer that some of you special children don't seem to know how to give. Everyone's got to be a fukkin comedian....
razfen

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas