I select "SHOOT" and character "THROWS"

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

I select "SHOOT" and character "THROWS"

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:54 pm

I spent at least half an hour looking for a moose, guess what happened after I found one?
Neglected to consider that since my character was holding a spear, he didn't switch over to bow, when told to "Shoot." Also the Boar Spear was either deleted or landed in deep water.
Last edited by vatas on Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: SEPARATE. THROW. ACTION.

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:31 pm

bro, you can't blame the devs for being retarded ¦]
dagrimreefah

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:24 am

This sounds like another custom client feature I need to add.

Thank you, Vatas.

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:46 am

I'm never actually going to use it, but I made this just to say I have it. Took maybe 10 minutes? Eat shit vanillabois
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:39 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I'm never actually going to use it, but I made this just to say I have it. Took maybe 10 minutes? Eat shit vanillabois

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: I select "SHOOT" and character "THROWS"

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:36 pm

Edited OP to more accurately reflect the root issue.

vatas

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:46 am

Hot key your bow/spear/axe then press the selected hot key before you shoot?
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:54 am

r0ck4ev3r wrote:Hot key your bow/spear/axe then press the selected hot key before you shoot?

Well, at least that is much more reasonable to ask than the game going "keep track of all the Thingwalls you've discovered (unique to each character) yourself, I won't tell the information easily."

vatas

Return to Critique & Ideas