let us use wrecking balls on whatever again

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

let us use wrecking balls on whatever again

Postby Massa » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:13 pm

literally why

just make it get ripped up by towers and catas
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: let us use wrecking balls on whatever again

Postby Sevenless » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:30 pm

Massa wrote:literally why

Because it was cheap as fuck to just drop 1 ball at every single hermitage and go back to see which ones didn't notice.

Siege only working against casuals is stupid.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:43 pm

Sevenless wrote:Siege only working against casuals is stupid.

In world 10 the highestQ anvil in the game got stolen from jellyrick in a wrecking ball raid. Arguably the single most valuable thing ever stolen in the game xd
In world 10 Trollex died to a wreckingball raid on Bone Zone when I'm psure he was on one of the biggest characters there has ever been
World 11 I fucked up ocean market with a wreckingball raid >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD0hChnxLmE
World 12 I killed nightdawg in a wreckingball raid (I think?)
World 12 3 Freedom realm bois died to a wreckingball raid
World 14 I "almost" fucked up F&I with a wreckingball siege >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8-sD7wcDc

there's prolly 200 other examples I don't remember/didn't hear of
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Massa » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:58 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Massa wrote:literally why

Because it was cheap as fuck to just drop 1 ball at every single hermitage and go back to see which ones didn't notice.

Siege only working against casuals is stupid.

dude if you don't bother with the fucking giant stationary ball at your wall that you get notified for you're fucked. if you make them have unique interactions with archery towers where they just get deleted, the proper siege engines still retain their function

make it take 3 days who cares. your poopoo-ing any idea i post on is becoming rote

i understand you feel the need for adversarial positions towards me but it and the game was totally fucking fine for years and you'd have said as much before i posted this thread. nothing happens in this game anymore.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby springyb » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:57 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

In world 10 the highestQ anvil in the game got stolen from jellyrick in a wrecking ball raid. Arguably the single most valuable thing ever stolen in the game xd
In world 10 Trollex died to a wreckingball raid on Bone Zone when I'm psure he was on one of the biggest characters there has ever been
World 11 I fucked up ocean market with a wreckingball raid >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD0hChnxLmE
World 14 I "almost" fucked up F&I with a wreckingball siege >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8-sD7wcDc

Are implying that it wasn't the poor spruce caps who gaslit the devs into removing every pvp tool hermits had?

Cause that would be pretty based of you.
springyb

Postby Granny » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:45 am

Letting wrecking ball not work as siege equipment was the right call. It should take some investment of time and material to raid a place, balancing that with the time invested in building it.
Granny

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:18 am

Granny wrote:Letting wrecking ball not work as siege equipment was the right call. It should take some investment of time and material to raid a place, balancing that with the time invested in building it.

Granny you're one of the only good faith posters left and I always appreciate your contributions
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby jameswilliams » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:06 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

World 11 I fucked up ocean market with a wreckingball raid
World 14 I "almost" fucked up F&I with a wreckingball siege

In the first video, Ocean's 11 hafen remake, right?
jameswilliams

Postby Massa » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:27 pm

Granny wrote:Letting wrecking ball not work as siege equipment was the right call. It should take some investment of time and material to raid a place, balancing that with the time invested in building it.

you can destroy them with ease and wrecking balls are unsuitable siege tools unless you're facing overwhelming force anyway
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:02 pm

Veto.This would move w-balls to requiring thing peace to be broken, good by to cleaning up walls on your land. (You would now have to break the peace to fix old pallis) No thanks.

Even worse, you can spam a near limitless amount of w-balls- could bring them in by the wagon full. Towers placement is limited, and after time you lock our self out of building more towers. You can already out catapult the defenders; adding W-balls on siege is free attacks, dumb tedium that is not needed.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas