Illegible Fonts!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Illegible Fonts!

Postby Kuddie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:49 am

+1, game needs a better font that is easier on the eyes. Very hard too read.
Kuddie

Postby LOMS » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:42 pm

Dark blue leters over black background was a big fault years ago, in Salem. Do you, guys, even try to chat in party or PM?
LOMS

Postby Garfy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm

What the fuck is the cooting skill?

Also the poor blue bastard in a party is always ignored.
Garfy

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 am

Is it a K? Is it an L? How about a T?

Please reform the title font. :)
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Axatros » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:52 am

I agree +1
Pixel art is and always will be better than this plastic looking Hafen you gave us here.
Axatros

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:13 am

It is about time you learned how to read a cultured typeface. Glorious Fraktur is indeed glorious.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Orcling » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:14 am

jorb wrote:It is about time you learned how to read a cultured typeface. Glorious Fraktur is indeed glorious.

Cancer has more culture than your goddamn 'glorious' Fraktur.
Orcling

Postby MrBober » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:25 pm

It's always nice to see the attitude "I like that font, so fuck you all if you don't. It's a great font, and I don't give a fuck if you can't read it".
It really gets your hopes up for changes in the "important" stuff!
MrBober

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:27 pm

jorb wrote:It is about time you learned how to read a cultured typeface. Glorious Fraktur is indeed glorious.

There are reasons cleaner fonts won over it for basically every use, except some games and memorabilia going gothic style because some people might think it's something premium.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:32 pm

MrBober wrote:It's always nice to see the attitude "I like that font, so fuck you all if you don't. It's a great font, and I don't give a fuck if you can't read it".
It really gets your hopes up for changes in the "important" stuff!

It's always nice to engage with people with a well developed sense of humor, who take the small things in life with the gravity they merit.

I would not be opposed to perhaps add an option to switch it, but I intend to keep it as a default setting. It is a more beautiful and, indeed, cultured, typeface, and I have no problems what so ever reading it. I have a problem reading all the Latin newfaggotry that is so ubiquitous in the modern era.

We support custom clients for a reason. Even though this particular stance of mine is, indeed, one of maintaining a principle for the sake of being silly, it is nevertheless the case that one size will never fit all in terms of how to best display and render information.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas