Suggestion: Lynx claw necklace

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Suggestion: Lynx claw necklace

Postby Wonderful » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Just make it an Agility & Psyche add, so that the bear tooth necklace has a twin.
Wonderful

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:33 pm

A solution for the faster cliff climbing becoming mandatory would be to have several other items in addition to this one that modify certain aspects of movement. Then limitations could be placed on the amount of modifying gear can be held or equipped. I would lean to allowing one be equipped an additional one can be held. The other option is to make swapping the gear in combat penalize them in some way.
Other gear besides the lynx claws could be frog flippers for swimming speed, a pair of shoes that makes the wind speed boost last longer, mining helmet with a light for increased speed in caves, or even jewellery that could have a single active affect on a long cooldown. Like boosting 10 tiles forward in a straight line, or allowing one to pass through trees.
But I'm not delusional enough to think any of that will ever happen, but the thought of the different playstyles people might come up with is fun to entertain.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Wonderful » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Fierce_Deity wrote:A solution for the faster cliff climbing becoming mandatory would be to have several other items in addition to this one that modify certain aspects of movement. Then limitations could be placed on the amount of modifying gear can be held or equipped. I would lean to allowing one be equipped an additional one can be held. The other option is to make swapping the gear in combat penalize them in some way.
Other gear besides the lynx claws could be frog flippers for swimming speed, a pair of shoes that makes the wind speed boost last longer, mining helmet with a light for increased speed in caves, or even jewellery that could have a single active affect on a long cooldown. Like boosting 10 tiles forward in a straight line, or allowing one to pass through trees.
But I'm not delusional enough to think any of that will ever happen, but the thought of the different playstyles people might come up with is fun to entertain.

We might as well add motor boats, war bear mounts and Apache attack helicopters while we're at it. The more combat capable movement the better! :roll:
Wonderful

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:53 pm

Will consider. I had a note made about lynx claw gloves myself since before.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas