Illegible Fonts!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Illegible Fonts!

Postby GladiatoR » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm

jaguar wrote:Hello, please fix ingame fonts, they are unreadable.
Who is agree, please support me, post there.

+++
GladiatoR

Postby Hezkore » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

My problem (and all my friends problem aswel) is that the dark blue party chat text is impossible to read.
I though it was my monitor at first, but after hearing everyone else I play with complain about the same thing, I know it's not just me.
We went as far as to make a custom client to fix the issue, but it turns out the colors are coming from the server directly.
I'd love to see a fix for this.
Hezkore

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:01 pm

Hezkore wrote:My problem (and all my friends problem aswel) is that the dark blue party chat text is impossible to read.

That I have no principles on, other than that it should be fixed. I've made a note of it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:16 pm

jorb wrote:It is about time you learned how to read a cultured typeface. Glorious Fraktur is indeed glorious.

Paraphrasing something I saw: How many points should I put in Gurbibal early on? I'm not sure really, because Cfrploration is so important in the early game...

I've taken to quizzically looking at my wife and saying "Gurbibal?". It's driving her nuts, much thanks for helping me discover that word :D
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Sevenless wrote:I've taken to quizzically looking at my wife and saying "Gurbibal?". It's driving her nuts, much thanks for helping me discover that word :D

Take note, good people. Take note. Only good things come of this!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:29 pm

jorb wrote:
MrBober wrote:It's always nice to see the attitude "I like that font, so fuck you all if you don't. It's a great font, and I don't give a fuck if you can't read it".
It really gets your hopes up for changes in the "important" stuff!

It's always nice to engage with people with a well developed sense of humor, who take the small things in life with the gravity they merit.

I would not be opposed to perhaps add an option to switch it, but I intend to keep it as a default setting. It is a more beautiful and, indeed, cultured, typeface, and I have no problems what so ever reading it. I have a problem reading all the Latin newfaggotry that is so ubiquitous in the modern era.

We support custom clients for a reason. Even though this particular stance of mine is, indeed, one of maintaining a principle for the sake of being silly, it is nevertheless the case that one size will never fit all in terms of how to best display and render information.

http://www.1001freefonts.com/medieval-fonts.php

Morris Roman Black, Cardinal, Livingstone. Those all look purty, and you can actually read them! :D And that's just the first page!

There's even a decent, legible Fraktur near the top of the second page. Please select a legible font.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby An_Infinity_of_War » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:39 pm

GenghisKhan44 wrote:muh eyes

What is wrong with Fraktur? It is easier to read than most other fonts.

Besides, all the ones you listed have no character about them. They were designed to be easily read; not enjoyed for what they represent.
"No shekels for you! You must earn these shekels!" - /pol/
An_Infinity_of_War

Postby RoD » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:06 pm

ye fonts need to be change, gotic to normal and the small one a little bigger.
RoD

Postby Jackard » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:26 pm

jorb wrote:It is about time you learned how to read a cultured typeface. Glorious Fraktur is indeed glorious.

Salem camera.
Jackard

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:33 pm

Jackard wrote:

Salem camera.

I get motion sick thinking about that thing.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas