This game is not fun any more

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: This game is not fun any more

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun May 02, 2021 4:42 pm

I'm having a really hard time figuring out the purpose of this thread.

There is not a single original opinion in it, just a big long rant outlining the same controversial changes that have been argued about over and over again.

You offered no possible solution, just said you hate the game, and you stick around trying to rally people like your only real goal here is to try and make sure other people are as miserable as you are. :lol:

I mean, if you truly don't like anything about the game and it's not fun for you anymore, why are you spending all day on the game's forum?
You are allowed to leave you know, literally nobody is forcing you to stay.
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Zentetsuken

Postby shubla » Sun May 02, 2021 4:43 pm

I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Massa » Sun May 02, 2021 4:44 pm

can i interest kowis in buying a hat in these trying times

in truth he is right. this game takes too long. there is too much boring, time consuming micromanagement/tedium. farming takes hours every day just to feed a decent number of animals. every simple, small process takes an excessive amount of time for no particular reason.

just look at what they did to glassmaking. it's bad, obtuse, and bad, for no real reason. it takes forever. even if you play this game 8 hours a day, like a full time job, it's still impenetrable.

Zentetsuken wrote:You offered no possible solution, just said you hate the game, and you stick around trying to rally people like your only real goal here is to try and make sure other people are as miserable as you are. :lol:

The solution is to stop deliberately adding tedium and trying to make grandiose and over the top mechanics as if they're trying to design a second life to live. Glassmaking is the perfect example. It was fine before, simple and straight forward. Now it comes with 2 layers of passive time gates, way more ingredients, way shittier yields, a whole 'building' structure dedicated to it, or a few, rather, if you want to meet your glass needs within this current epoch. Space consuming, time consuming nonsense for no particular reason. Just to do it. When every single mechanic becomes bloated, or the game itself is already rife with small things that take time on their own, the game becomes unplayable by humans who are mortal and have limited time in a day.
When you make an MMO you should be somewhat invested in making sure it's playable by humans and not mandatory scripts just to not drown in the chores.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun May 02, 2021 5:09 pm

Massa wrote:The solution

Yes, that is your solution, and a few others have made some good points as well. I was referring to OP tho.
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Zentetsuken

Postby iamahh » Sun May 02, 2021 6:16 pm

its just the early world hype slowing down

but yea, if you're into competing with other players, there's a good chance you'll have a bad time
iamahh

Postby Archiplex » Sun May 02, 2021 8:17 pm

MightySheep wrote:Pls stop whine about botting, monke is the only successful realm this world and literally the only bot I know of is anglerfish/mammoth scout, which is such a minor thing

Rly bored of seeing ppl complain about this, I dont know where are these supposed groups with all the bots but its clearly not helping them very much

Your complaint about how devs have sanctioned people using exploits to raid is like the only legitimate complaint in this whole thread, I cant really understand why they give the green light on using exploits but here we are

Also combat system and archery is fine

I've seen a lot of naked alts waiting around at thingwalls for hours on end, I have absolutely no doubt they're waiting on someone's discord server to ping them; so even is monke is doing well and is the best realm currently, that doesn't mean there aren't people out there using them viciously. And while angler/mammoth checkers are definitely low-effort, i do think there's something to be said about it feeling like a broken mechanic that hunting nodes are static, meaning that there's almost zero point in actually naturally going around hunting and instead finding good nodes and checking them repeatedly- and why bother actually travelling when you can just make an alt there? Then, why bother even logging into it when you can just make a discord pinging alt? It's kind of a slippery slope of bad design that's made those bots a huge advantage- and you can't really deny that having a consistent source of good ql animals doesn't just boost literally everything about your village.

Zentetsuken wrote:I'm having a really hard time figuring out the purpose of this thread.

There is not a single original opinion in it, just a big long rant outlining the same controversial changes that have been argued about over and over again.

You offered no possible solution, just said you hate the game, and you stick around trying to rally people like your only real goal here is to try and make sure other people are as miserable as you are. :lol:

I mean, if you truly don't like anything about the game and it's not fun for you anymore, why are you spending all day on the game's forum?

I agree that looking for solutions is a good idea, though clearly there's also disagreement about what the problems are too. But yeah, jorb's response to everything like this is usually "give us a solution, and we'll add it if it's not shit"

hard to figure out what's been considered/rejected/isn't shit without much conversation about it- it was hard to even get a proper response about global pools.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby pawnchito » Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 pm

oh noes youre quitting. can i haz your stuff?
pawnchito

Postby springyb » Sun May 02, 2021 11:25 pm

Kaios wrote:Beyond the initial early world charm, there is nothing I feel has been interesting or fun enough to keep my attention for long.

This is a game that we've been playing for over a decade that routinely requires us to start from level 1. Burn out is completely understandable, and honestly the fact that we are even still here after all this time says a lot about Haven and the experience it provides. Ignore everyone trying to project their own feelings about the game onto you.

Kaios wrote:It’s no longer possible to tell what direction this game is going in, seems like it is all over the place.

True. I'd even say it's never been the case. This game can be played so many different ways, and it's loudest players constantly screech whenever an update doesn't align with what best suits them personally. If you don't enjoy the current state of the game for what it is, take a break. Skipping a world and coming back to experience a years worth of development has worked well for me at times.
springyb

Postby Kaios » Mon May 03, 2021 12:10 am

springyb wrote:If you don't enjoy the current state of the game for what it is, take a break. Skipping a world and coming back to experience a years worth of development has worked well for me at times.

I didn't play world 11 or world 12, I don't think it's burn out. I'm just not having fun, there are a bunch of mechanics that do not seem to serve any other purpose except to add monotony to a process. Believe me, I would honestly have loved to come back and been proven wrong about any of the comments I've made now or in the past regarding these matters.
Kaios

Postby Ysh » Mon May 03, 2021 3:33 am

Zentetsuken wrote:I mean, if you truly don't like anything about the game and it's not fun for you anymore, why are you spending all day on the game's forum?

Maybe one day in past he enjoys this game, but then some things have happen so he does not enjoy it now. Maybe game is this current state is still closest thing available to game he enjoys from this past, so he tries here to influence development into direction he can enjoy again.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas